Full time position in downtown Toronto (near Union)
- Analytical skills: Top-notch experience and skills in user-centered need analysis and design.
- Usability skills: Hand-ons in-depth understanding of user experience and usability principles and heuristics.
- Interface design/prototyping for web applications:
- On paper and using software tools like MS Visio
- Note: graphic design skills are not required/important
- Good understanding of design constraints for web apps
- Great communication skills.
- Knowledge of Russian language would be an extra bonus – making it easier to communicate with our colleagues in Moscow office.
Working with product manager, you will interact with marketing, support and development team to translate user feedback into detailed requirements – and then will be involved in actual implementation and quality assurance. More specifically, you will be:
- Developing in-depth understanding of our market segments and users
- Analyzing, structuring and prioritizing user needs/feedback. Documenting it from user’s point of view (what users want to do).
- Coming up with proposed solution (new/changed product functionality) to meet users needs (how to do it).
- Prototyping User Interface.
- Coordinating and collaborating with representative clients and other team members (marketing, support, development, QA) to see designs implemented and rolled out.
- Working on User Documentation, demos and tutorials. What’s in it for you:
- Pride and excitement working on a world-class product used by hundreds of thousands
- Fun and friendly environment, where your contributions are valued and respected
- Quick growth environment to advance your career faster and learn a lot quickly
- Competitive salary plus bonus linked to company results and meeting your professional goals
- Full-time on-site job, minimal or no travel
- Flex hours possible
- Work from very nice downtown office (by Union station)
- A cool title like “Interactive Apricot”
- Wild Apricot: young and quickly growing software company – see http://www.wildapricot.com. Our membership website platform is already used by thousands of associations, clubs, groups and communities, – and we are on our way to become a leader in this sector.
- Ease of use/usability is key cornerstone of our product philosophy – it has to work out of the box for non-technical people.
- We take results seriously – while making work fun and enjoyable.
Are you passionate about great user experience?
There is a lot of software out there. And most of it is very cumbersome and painful to use. For us, delivering exceptional user experience is our key marketing and business strategy. Furthermore, our agile software development means that we release updates every few weeks so that you can see your ideas taken from concept to implementation in a month instead of in a year. We already have thousands of users and only with truly great product we can meet our expansion goals and make Wild Apricot the world’s leading software for millions of groups, clubs, associations and non-profits.
Send your resume to [email protected].