Rypple is a web-service that gets people fast, honest feedback. We’re a well funded, Toronto-based start-up with an experienced team, a growing community of users and partners, great buzz, and superb investors. We’re moving fast, building neat stuff, and we’re just getting started. We’re looking for few more awesome engineers to join our team.
Our engineering team is passionate, collaborative, smart, and gets things done. We’ve got skills in enterprise and web-app development, usability, gaming, social media, and mobile. Our work environment is creative and laid-back, but very focused on the fast-paced delivery of user value. We care about outcomes, not "formal process" or "our way". We’re flexible – with tools, technology, and our approach. We don’t like waste and we like to iterate.
If you have a proven track record of building successful software (e.g. people love what you create), then we want to talk to you. If you don’t think its crazy to build both scalable, high-quality applications and release early and often – then you’ll like it here.
At Rypple, you’ll:
- Join our dev team to design and build our online apps and the infrastructure we run our business on.
- Regularly deal with users, customers, and our industry partners. You’ll be expected to come up with new ideas to create value and then implement and improve on those ideas
- Be a generalist with technology but a specialist with building world class applications.
- Be highly adaptable to technical challenges and thrive in an adaptive environment.
- Be disciplined and get stuff done.
You’ve gotta have:
- CS or Engineering degree
- 3+ OOP and Java
- 2+ years building online app w/ both front-end and back-end web development (Apache, MySQL, HTML, CSS, XML, Linux)
- Communication skills (as in, you like to talk to customers and co-workers in plain English – you will be expected to get on the phone with users!)
- Demonstrated attention to the tiniest of details
We’d love to see experience with:
- Google Web Toolkit
- Large web application system architecture
- Social web application design-
- Web API’s (REST, Facebook, Twitter, OpenSocial)
- J2EE and Hibernate
- Deploying and maintaining web server technology
- Lean and “Agile” dev approaches
Extra Special Points:
- "Nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills…"
- Teleportation, transmogrification, and/or telepathy
- Sweat the fine print: Include a definition of Kobayashi Maru and you’re guaranteed to have your application reviewed.
How to Apply
Send your resume to us at [email protected]