From RedCanary.ca via Geoffrey Wiseman at Toronto Technology Jobs (be sure to read the commentary).
As the Yelp Community Manager, you’ll be a full-time Yelp employee doing whatever it takes to grow the community of active yelpers as the Yelp "Mayor" in your city. Working out of your home and anywhere with WiFi, you’ll lead Yelp’s success in your city, and will be an integral member of a team of all-stars in the field receiving direction and support from Yelp Headquarters in San Francisco.
- Lives to write; writes to live. You know who you are. Pencils down.
- Has a fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then.
- Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. You are the Mayor. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- Have more than a few years of post-graduate professional experience (existing Yelp community managers have 5 to 15 years).
About the job
- Writing. Write locally compelling newsletters weekly and inspiring reviews daily. Persuasive pitches to venue owners and marketing partners.
- Event planning. Conceptualize, negotiate, wrangle, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy (big wow factor!) events/parties.
- Marketing outreach. Connect with the right local organizations, barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp.
- Socializing and adventuring. Meet up with yelpers. Attend civic events. See and be seen. In the scene. Be the Mayor. Always on.
- Communication. Be accountable with stellar communication to your peers and those who support you at Yelp HQ.
If you’re interested, please submit the following:
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style
- Resume showcasing your relevant experience
- A link to your (full and interesting) Yelp profile