Have you ever wanted to be part of something really exciting? Work with the brightest talent in the industry? A place filled with dynamic professionals constantly resetting the standard for leadership and innovation?
Then this is where you want to be!
BlueCat Networks, the IPAM Intelligence Company is a profitable and rapidly growing leading provider of enterprise-class IP Address Management (IPAM) platforms and secure DNS / DHCP network administration appliances. Our award-winning Proteus IPAM platforms and Adonis family of DNS/DHCP appliances are helping meet the rising IP management demands of small-medium enterprises, government, military, financial services, retail and manufacturing organizations worldwide.
The UI Designer will be a driving force in setting new UI standards and paradigms. The success candidate will be passionate about great design, innovative solutions, and intuitive user experiences. As a member of the UXD (User Experience Design) team, the incumbent will work closely with product managers, engineers, and management to visually and creatively take product ideas to concept through wireframes and mockups. This individual needs to be a self-starter who enjoys working in collaborative environments, takes direction and criticism openly, and are able to contribute to the creative spirit of the company.
- Concrete understanding of UCD, usability and HCI principles and techniques, especially as related to GUI design for web applications.
- Amazing analytical skills – ability to identify existing usability challenges. Experience performing heuristic evaluations and usability tests, as well as documenting results and translating the findings into design improvements.
- Experience in leading the UX-design stages of software development.
- Ability to work with stakeholders and the Engineering team to gather requirements, help define the overall user experience strategy, create the interaction model, architect effective solutions using wireframes solutions and prototypes, iterate upon them, and then proceed to work with a team to implement the same.
- Be willing to challenge traditional design thinking and look for new and innovative ways to approach design projects and improve and streamline the user experience
- At least 5 years experience designing user interfaces for Web and/or collaborative applications
- Good knowledge of Web standards, the DOM, cross-browser & cross-platform (X)HTML/CSS/AJAX and Tapestry.
- Information design & navigation systems
- Application workflow diagramming
- Wire-framing & schematics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and often intense project environment
- Extreme level of attention to detail
Post-secondary education in Programming, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or related field.
Commensurate with experience.
Email your resume: [email protected]