Wow, I hadn’t been following the development of The Business of Software conference. Brydon mentioned it was a not-to-miss conference for 2008. The provisional program was announced yesterday. It is an incredible list of software luminaries.
- Joel Spolsky, FogCreek Software
- Seth Godin
- Jason Fried, 37signals
- Eric Sink, SourceGear and Author, Business of Software
- Dharmesh Shah, HubSpot
- Jessica Livingston, YCombinator and Author, Founders at Work
- Steve Johnson, outside.in
- Tom Jennings, World Power Systems
- Richard Stallman
- Paul Kenny
- Mike Milinkovich, Eclipse Foundation
I’m intrigued to see Richard Stallman at a conference about the business of software. However, as many folks will point out that free software is one of the most successful cultural and business models, check out The Cathedral and the Bazaar (O’Reilly Media Book). Dharmesh Shah shared his pithy insights on the business of software. This is going to be an awesome conference.