- Orginally from: StandoutJobs
- Updated: May 1, 2009
- Location: Guelph, ON
- Category: IT & Software Development – Software Engineering
- Tags: Software, front end developer, guelph, css, photoshop, jQuery
BRAINPARK, INC is a software company that creates smart and simple software products to make work easier and people more productive. Our solution is a “mash-up” of social software, semantic web, eLearning, information retrieval, social search, and expertise location management. This next generation approach to enterprise software deals head on with information overload, user generated preferences (meaning and relevancy), and a social context.
We are currently searching for a Software Developer to be part of our team of people who are aggressively innovative and pioneering in their thinking. Brainpark is not just about software development, we are about bringing people together to identify problems in the workplace and brainstorm solutions to solve them. If you are an independent and self motivated worker, this job will appeal to you.
This is a 12 month contract with the possibility of becoming a full time position. Start date: Immediately
The ideal candidate will have a passion for what they do, a strong attention to detail, the ability to produce high-quality work quickly, and a portfolio that demonstrates experience in front-end development, designing and conceptualizing graphics for web sites and other digital media.
- Work closely with design team members to realize the visual design of the product
- Work closely with a cross-functional team in the planning, design and implementation of effective user interfaces for existing and new projects Turn graphics created in Photoshop, Illustrator or simply sketched on paper into beautiful, efficient code
- Maintain UI specifications such as style guides and visual standards documents
- Keep informed of accepted practices, new technologies and new tools for web site design
- Bring creativity, innovation, and assertiveness to the table
- Continually raise the bar on creative assignments, being open and able to act on constructive feedback
- Solve problems to a degree where each design concept is not seen in isolation, but rather, seen as the ‘bigger picture’ in a creative campaign
- Work to drive the business through clear and simple design that supports the unique and differentiated brand experience
- Convert creative strategy into compelling design
- Minimum 3-5 years graphic design experience with design and front end development
- Experience in application design, visual design, and/or website design is required
- Skilled in design and web enabling software – Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Working knowledge of Ajax, and Django is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of browser and accessibility issues
- Well-organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Good design sensibility
- Knowledge of user-experience design, user interface design, interaction design is an asset
- Portfolio showcasing your clean, simple, ‘less-is-more’ design aesthetic – we like white space
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Good sense of humour – the goofier the better!
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume with wage expectations to [email protected].
We strongly recommend that you take our developer test posted here:
Those who are qualified will be contacted.