Please note this is a contract opportunity for between 6 and 12 months with the possibility of renewal.
- The primary purpose of this position is to design and maintain the front-end of RBC AM public and private web properties (Internet, intranet, advisor and GFS sites) for marketing and communications initiatives within RBC Asset Management
- Responsible for the overall look and feel of all web properties, create elegant, useful and usable designs that unite, engage and bring value to user experience, provide expertise in usability and solve visual problems and noise
- The desired impact of the role is to increase user satisfaction across all web properties, to drive sales of investment products and retain existing clients and assets
- Ability to deliver a superior online client experience for sales force and clients, drive revenue and efficiency while delivering the required key messages
- Responsible for updating all the web properties for RBC AM including the Internet, intranet, advisor, direct and GFS sites
- Respond to ad hoc requests within desired timeframes
- Maintain high standards of quality control for all websites
- Ensure consistency between information posted on all websites, email communications and web components
- Effectively translate Product and Marketing intelligence into online concepts
- Ensure that the online client experience is efficient and ensure that RBC AM key messages are highlighted where appropriate
- Develop a strong understanding of various design techniques and multimedia formats – audio/video
- Continuously look for ways to improve the online client experience through leverage of the expertise and knowledge of the Online Strategies, Web Properties and Applied Innovation groups
- Work with external vendors in the execution of any project elements that have been outsourced;
- Keep up-to-date with new media and marketing strategies, design trends and practices
- Experience executing online marketing strategies
- Work closely with other RBC AM team members to develop innovative new online experiences for both staff and clients, to deliver the RBC AM story
- Peers on the Enterprise Sales, Product, Marketing & Communications teams.
- Liaise with members of RBC AM team to meet key deliverables.
- Liaise with Online Strategies and Web Properties groups to leverage best practices.
- Liaise with vendors and agencies.
- Creative web design, audio/video editing – 90%
- Process development / improvement – 10%
- 1-3 years online marketing experience (financial services preferred)
- Strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of the project or brand standards
- Graphic design and multimedia experience – conceptual design, creation of creative and multimedia solutions
- Ability to effectively use the following design programs: Adobe Creative Suite Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work within tight timelines and to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Attention to detail, project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Familiar with technical issues of web development (web standards and accessibility)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interpret technology for non-technical users
- Experience with social networking, community-based sites, and Web 2.0 a definite plus
- Proficient in MAC OS – based design programs including Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Flash
- Please supply a URL for your online resume or portfolio.
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.