Ipsos is the largest market research company in Canada and among the most trusted research brands in North America. With more than 1,100 professionals and support staff in the U.S and Canada, Ipsos offers a full suite of survey-based servicesâ€”guided by industry experts and bolstered by advanced analytics and methodologiesâ€”in advertising, customer loyalty, marketing, and public affairs research, as well as forecasting, modeling, and consulting. Member companies also offer a complete line of custom, syndicated, omnibus, panel, and online research products and services. We have an immediate opening in our Vanocuver, BC location for a:
Ipsos is seeking an intermediate level web designer with at least 3+ year industry experience. This is not a junior position. Hand holding is for long walks on the beach, not for the web team.
Reporting to the Manager, Web Services, the Web Designer is primarily responsible for the design, production and maintenance of Ipsos North America’s web and interactive initiatives. The Web Designer will also provide support for online marketing material including banner ads, HTML email and landing pages.
The ideal candidate is an experienced interactive designer, familiar with the nuances of working in the online medium. This position is not suited for coders or traditional graphic designers.
All applications must be accompanied with an online portfolio, detailing the candidate’s contribution to each project. Applications without an online portfolio will not be considered.
- Technical Skills/Background Handcoding XHTML/CSS. WYSIWYG programs are not used in our production environment.
- Zeldman, Shea, Cedarholm et al. are bookmarked in your browser.
- We are a mixed .NET and ColdFusion shop. You should be able to comfortably collaborate with developers to integrate your design into these server side languages. You are not expected to do any server side coding, but will need to work with server-side source code.
- Experience with image editing software, ideally Macromedia Fireworks MX+, but Adobe Photoshop is also acceptable.
- Basic understanding of Flash and Actionscript (for manipulating the User Interface).
- Well organized.
- Able to take a project from concept to launch.
- Pays firm attention to detail, with the flexibility to adapt to business needs.
- Works well with others, really. You will be required to work with a variety of people with varying level of technical knowledge: everyone from developers, writers, marketers to executives.
- Responsible for the look-and-feel of web and interactive properties.
- Production of XHTML/CSS
- Involved directly and indirectly in client consultation.
- Help develop project scope, timeline, site map, information architecture, wire frames, visual mockups, storyboards, prototypes and documentation.
- Provide client support throughout project milestones.
- Applying and enforcing Ipsos Corporate Identity guideline for web and interactive properties.
Interested Applicants should apply online at: www.ipsos-na.com/careers