Job ID # 2099-720915
Primary Functions – Job ID # 2099-720915
Develop and maintain a user-centered design approach for MDS SCIEX. Lead a cross-functional team that uses this approach to create successful user experiences with SCIEX products.
- Develop and implement a user centered design approach to software user interface (UI) design.
- Lead a cross functional UI design team, providing training and instruction to other team members in customer research techniques, usability techniques, and user-centered design.
- Apply ethnographical interviewing and observational techniques to collect information about how our customers work and what their goals and tasks are. Disseminate this information appropriately through project teams.
- Write user requirements based on information gathered from end users and participate in project requirement definition and analysis.
- Coordinate and arrange customer visits for the purpose of insight gathering and prototype testing. Facilitate this type of visit for other functional groups as required.
- Develop and maintain personas, task flow models and other user information for all of our customer segments.
- Develop and test UI prototypes using a variety of tools and testing techniques including customer and internal reviews.
- Develop and maintain user interface standards.
- Write UI design specifications and scenarios (use cases) that can easily be interpreted by software developers, technical writers and product testers etc.
- Develop usability test plans, and plan and execute usability studies, analyze data and provide actionable recommendations to product managers and development teams to ensure successful user interaction with SCIEX software.
- Evaluate competitive software from a usability and user experience point-of-view.
- Provide leadership to product development teams to ensure appropriate application of human factors and usability principles, techniques, and results to product development.
- 5 + years experience in interaction design, usability, and UI design.Post-secondary degree in Cognitive Psychology, Computer/Human Interaction, Information Design or related field.
Extensive experience doing ethnographic studies, contextual research, field testing etc.In depth understanding of software development processes.Extensive experience with UI prototyping tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail and deadline oriented.Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience developing and developing and implementing an user centric UI design approach would be an asset.