Do you desire to be part of a world-class product development team focused on brining ease-of-setup and ease-of-use to AV control to an emerging market? If so, read further for more information on becoming a User Interaction Manager with the Logitech Harmony Remote team.
The Logitech Harmony Remote team is dedicated to bringing ease of use to home theatre control to a growing world-wide user base. This team is responsible for delivering the incredibly popular Harmony line of home theatre control products, consistently rated best of class by both reviewers and end users.
The Harmony Remote has two main areas of user interaction. Phase 1 is a streamlined web-based setup experience that guides the user through the otherwise trying process of programming an advanced universal remote to perfectly control a complex home theatre. Phase 2 is the use of the remote with the customer’s entertainment system, involving automatic button mapping on the remote, LCD text and graphics, LCD help screens, etc.
The User Interaction Design Manager will be responsible for all aspects of interaction design, visual design, and usability of the remote in both the online setup phase, as well as the usage phase. The UI Design Manager will work closely with engineering and product management to bring new versions of the products to fruition. This is an excellent opportunity to build a world-class product and UI design team.
You will be responsible for creating and iterating UI designs and producing detailed, written UI specifications. This will be accomplished through your own efforts, the efforts of the team you manage, as well as though outsourcing.
- Work with Product Management to define feature/product requirements
- Work with the Software Engineering team to test and refine designs
- Work with Engineering to understand architecture and development issues
- Manage the graphic artists to create screen mock-ups and functional prototypes of designs
- Work with Customer Support to understand issues customers have with the current UI
- Communicate with and across multidisciplinary teams throughout all phases of projects
Technologies and Experience
The successful candidate will have skills and relevant experience in these areas:
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles, analytical and conceptual design skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Have strong analytical and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and be able to collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional team
- Experience leading cross-functional UI design teams
- Experience managing outsourced work such as graphics design, video/Flash design, workflow design, usability testing, etc.
- Experience with consumer electronics user interface and consumer software product design.
- Experience with international products that require translation as well as other appropriate changes to meet the varied customer usability needs in different parts of the world.
Compensation for this role is commensurate with experience. The candidate will most likely have 5+ years experience in User Interaction Design and management. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Human Factors, HCI, industrial design or related areas, or equivalent is desirable.