|Feb 24, 2006
|Mar 12, 2006
BCIT's Computer Resources Department is looking for a temporary, full-time Web Developer who will be responsible for supporting web publishers in solving some technical and visual integration issues in getting their content on the web. The successful candidate will be involved in the maintenance of BCIT web sites. A passion for the Web and a complete understanding of associated technology and limitations is a must.
- Experience with web design and information architecture principles
- Knowledge of underlying Web technologies and protocols (e.g. HTTP, HTTPS, FTP)
- Able to create web pages without the assistance of WYSIWYG software programs
- Strong in all aspects of HTML including cascading style sheets, cross browser compatibility, and DHTML
- Junior web visual design principles
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience working with content management systems (Marqui)
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum one to two years of current experience in a web development environment
- Diploma in Computer Systems Technology or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to work under pressure in providing a timely service to a wide range of customers
- Experience with Marqui CMS
A customer service focus is mandatory for success in this position.
|TERM OF APPOINTMENT:
|ASAP to March 31, 2007
|$39,168 to $50,208 per annum (Placement based on education and experience)
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a diverse, enthusiastic workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.