p. Competition Number: 06ST06
This is an Ongoing posting.
BCIT's Health Technology Research Group (HTRG) in the Technology Centre invites applications at the Research Project Leader level. This temporary, full-time position will focus on developing and expanding BCIT's research capacity in the areas of people's interactions with their living or working environments, and with developing and evaluating products (technologies, devices, prototypes). This position is for one year, with the strong possibility of renewal and career advancement.
The HTRG is a multi-disciplinary applied research group with over 15 years of successful applied research experience that executes over 25 projects a year, totalling over one million dollars. One of the new areas of focus for the HTRG is home health care, and the successful candidate will be expected to take a leadership role in developing this innovative research direction. The successful candidate will also be expected to capture research funding related to BCIT's expertise in human factors and product evaluation from industry, government, public granting agencies and educational institutes.
Under the mentorship of the previous Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the full range of BCIT's research activities in the Dr. Tong Louie Living Laboratory (TLLL), our internationally recognized full-scale simulation lab, including partnerships with other users of the TLLL and supervision of selected staff. In addition, they must promote the TLLL and plan, organize and conduct applied research projects including client interaction, budgeting, and project management.
- A PhD in Psychology, Gerontology, Ergonomics, Engineering, Health Sciences, Architecture, Design or equivalent
- A minimum of two years relevant work experience in the human factors, product development and/or evaluation fields
- Demonstrated ability to win research contracts and/or grant funding
- Demonstrated ability to establish applied research projects and provide leadership to project teams
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team
- Existing research funding that can be transferred to BCIT
- Experience with older adults and/or persons with disabilities
- Understanding of quality systems (e.g. ISO 13485) and regulatory affairs (e.g. FDA Committee on Home Health Care)
- Experience with industry research, development and commercialization
- Experience supervising graduate students (for graduate programs currently in development at BCIT)
|TERM OF APPOINTMENT:||March 1, 2006 to April 1, 2007|
|SALARY RANGE:||$44,912 to $73,697 (Placement based on education and experience)|
|CLOSING DATE:||Until a candidate suitable to the selection committee is found.|
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a diverse, enthusiastic workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.