Habañero Consulting Group is looking to add an experienced, talented Information Architect / Usability Analyst to our User Experience team. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, dynamic, and have a strong service ethic. A user-centric design philosophy and special focus in information design is required.
- Design and structure intuitive web sites, intranets, portals, and web applications that succeed in meeting business and user objectives
- Work creatively within client budget and time constraints
- Be responsive to client needs. Fit in well with our culture of customer service
- Inspire others with your knowledge and commitment to information design
- Educate clients on information architecture and usability best practices
- Balance business needs with creative expectations and user experience goals
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with content modelling and process mapping
- 3+ years of experience in web, Intranet or web application information design
- An impressive project portfolio, including a wide variety of client types and projects
- An appreciation of the holistic nature of the user experience
- An understanding of constraints and opportunities with respect to using technology to achieve IA/UE goals
- Experience working with template-based content management systems or portal products
- Knowledge and experience around taxonomy design for navigation systems
- Extraordinary customer service and communication skills
- Heuristic evaluation and usability testing experience
- A university or college degree (communications, publishing, library sciences, or a related discipline preferred)
Nice-to-have Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of records management and compliance domain
- XML (single source) publishing systems
- Data modelling and database design
- Willing to learn and develop new creative and technical skills
- Desire to share skills and to teach others
- Open and honest communicator and collaborator
- Gracefully accepts critique
- Ability to work independently while still contributing to team goals
- Ability to multi-task
- Sense of humor
- Self-directed: Takes personal ownership and follows through
Please Note: Out of country travel is a requirement for all Habañero positions.
Applicants should expect a thorough interview process, including testing and comprehensive reference conversations.
Apply by sending your resume to: [email protected] In the subject of your e-mail, be sure to include the position that you are applying for. For this role the subject would be “Information Architect”.