Ethoca Limited is an exciting and dynamic company in its first year of operation. We work in a fast paced, global industry. We are focused on building the world's first global fraud bureau by bringing to market a unique on demand solution that enables merchants and payment providers to better manage the fraud-risk associated with customer-not-present interactions through shared transaction level information. Our company is seeking highly motivated, hard working, energetic, results oriented and genuinely intelligent people to work with our dynamic team in a demanding environment.
We are seeking an outstanding Product Manager who is hands-on, with a proven track record to help build customer-driven solutions. This is a permanent position to be based in Dublin, Ireland or Toronto, Canada. Contract positions will not be considered.
As a Product Manager you will gather, screen and prioritise customer and product requirements by understanding the business problems our products address and how our customers use them. Subsequently you will work with Software Development to bundle requirements into planned product releases. You will ensure our product releases meet the stated business and functional requirements that you document by monitoring design documents, the product implementation and documentation and testing to ensure adequate quality is present in all aspects of the product.
As Product Manager, you will guide the overall product definition and strategies for the entire product line and own the product roadmap. You will be tasked with the continuing understanding of this unique market space and to maintain and expand Ethoca Limited's leadership in this area. As such you will identify, plan and bring to market viable new product elements in support of or complimenting our flagship product – ETHOCATM. You will be responsible for product management activities in all phases of the product development process. Specifically you will be involved in commercialization of new products with emphasis on business planning, requirements definition, and go-to-market and in-market activities.
Other responsibilities include analyzing worldwide target markets and competitors and identifying new product and/or new business opportunities. The successful candidate will interface with other Ethoca Limited business units including Software Development, Sales & Marketing, Client Services and Customers as necessary.
You will also be responsible for leading the Analytics team tasked with data analysis, statistical model development, and the development of new fraud-risk reduction strategies, methodologies, scoring and services to enhance our offering. This position will report directly to the President and CEO.
The Product Manager will be accountable for all the responsibilities outlined below. In some cases, the Product Manager will not have to perform the task him/herself but will be called upon to lead by recommending, managing, and utilizing internal and external resources and expertise as required. The key responsibilities of this job are in the areas of Sales and Marketing, Product Lifecycle Management, and Product Profit and Loss Responsibility.
- Sales and Marketing
- Participate in Sales & Marketing and Client Services meetings and calls
- Act as a customer advocate, manage the customer beta process and ensure our customers have a positive experience with our products
- Work closely with our Client Services team and customers to collect feedback and incorporate their needs into the product development plans
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with our customers' risk/fraud personnel including senior management and operations staff
- Work closely with our Client Services team to:
- Manage, escalate and drive resolution of customers' business and technical issues related to the fraud-risk algorithms, data analysis and statistical models in use
- Effectively represent the customer interests with respect to the fraud-risk algorithm/model within the software development lifecycle
- Proactively and reactively ensure that our customers derive maximum benefit from their investment in our solutions (i.e., optimization of the risk engine based upon analysis of data)
- Prepare reports for communication with internal and external clients
- Package general results as case studies and other marketing materials
- Provide fraud-risk algorithm/model post-implementation product support
- Create and evaluate marketing strategies for new and existing products
- Translate those strategies into an executable Marketing Plan and then executing against that plan
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Manage the Product Line throughout the Product Lifecycle. This includes:
- Identifying changing customer needs, market needs, and competitive conditions
- Translating these changing needs into business requirements
- Giving effect to these business requirements by creating functional specifications and working with functional heads to create and execute a project plan
- Maintain an acute understanding of market requirements for our products
- Research and understand competitive products
- Understand the market and industry trends
- Research new and common fraud techniques and develop countermeasures to prevent such fraud in a customer-not-present commerce environment
- Stay aware of new techniques and technologies in fraud-risk management and being alert for application to existing or planned products, including maintaining a strong personal base of knowledge with respect to decision management technology
- Drive product planning, feature definition and the delivery of quality products that satisfy our target market
- Oversee, develop and document the business/functional requirements and specifications including business cases, use cases, process/workflow, error messages, interface specifications and test cases
- Provide financial and business analysis to ensure the product line produces expected revenue attainment and profitability
- Manage product release and product launch plans to ensure timely and on-budget releases and effective market results
- Communicate on a timely and thorough basis to both internal and external constituencies, including management, development, support, prospects, clients, and third party service providers
- Work with marketing and sales to present the product to target markets
- Conduct cost benefit analysis of internal and external fraud prevention strategies, methodologies, products, services and tactics and in turn recommending solutions for implementation within core product set
- Analyze complex relationships between possible actions and potential customer reactions and developing analytical methods to gauge customer revenue, operations, and fraud impacts of proposed fraud reduction strategies and programs
- Lead the Analytics Team to experiment, develop and implement commercial-quality statistical models in the general area of application and transaction fraud detection in a variety of customer-not-present industries (e.g., Internet retail, mail-order/telephone-order, online gaming, telecom, credit/debit cards and electronic cheques)
- Manage vendors and partners to define successful products and business models for new ideas and opportunities
- Continually look for opportunities to streamline and improve the user experience of features and services to increase adoption
- Manage the Product Line throughout the Product Lifecycle. This includes:
- Product Profit and Loss
- Budgeting and forecasting the operational costs and revenues associated with the Product
- Recommend new opportunities with clear business justification and attractive ROI
- Technical or undergraduate degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Business or Commerce
- 3+ years experience product management within a software development environment including 3+ years business analyst experience
- Strong background in customer-not-present commerce and/or financial services industry or work/research experience in credit/fraud risk management as related to credit/debit transaction fraud, identity theft, application fraud with an understanding of financial principles and analysis, familiarity with types of risk management issues in these industries.
- Experience in payment fraud detection, investigation, and prevention algorithms/models at a financial institutions, payment processors and/or e-commerce organizations
- Experience in developing and deploying automated and offline fraud prevention strategies, and risk mitigation principles and techniques in a customer-not-present environment
- Excellent verbal and documentation skills with experience creating documentation, business/functional requirements documentation, report writing used by customers and development organizations
- A proven track record of results
- Customer facing experience, coupled with a genuine interest in helping customers succeed and a passion for delivering a high quality customer experience
- Self-starter with the ability to plan, manage and drive projects and initiatives to completion
- Strong business acumen
- High energy level with an innate sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are also required to excel in this role
- Excellent computer skills w/ a high level proficiency in office productivity tools (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands, prioritization of tasks, and the ability to meet tight deadlines on a regular basis
- Ability to work both in teams and alone with limited to no supervision
- Demonstrated strong abilities in problem-solving and analytics
- Project management experience an asset
- Willing to travel (international)
Ethoca Limited Careers Offer
- Exciting, high-profile product
- Outstanding career and growth opportunities
- Energetic, team-oriented environment
If you’re driven to take fraud-risk management services to the next level, it’s time you join the team at Ethoca Limited . We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Only qualified, hard working and highly motivated candidates should forward their resume, with their name and title of the position in the subject line, to [email protected] .