The Associate Creative Director (ACD) (Manager) fulfils the leadership tasks and deliverables of their assigned client accounts. The ACD specifically works in support of the department of the Creative Director. Specifically, the ACD leads and directs cross-disciplinary development and execution of short-term (project specific) and long-term (account specific) creative strategies. They are also responsible for representing and communicating Organic’s creative and business philosophy, methodology and capabilities to current and potential clients, as well as across all departments, business units and service lines. Additionally, they develop and execute account growth strategies with account core team members to meet account P&L goals set by the engagement lead.
We are searching for a highly conceptual team leader who is constructive, fearless, charismatic, smart, self-possessed and committed to a vision. Passion, perspective, innovation and impact are the Organic core values a potential candidate will be expected to embody.Functional Graphic Design expertise is mandatory along with team management and client facing skills. This position requires the capabilities to direct and enhance the efforts of a creative team consisting of designers, information architects, illustrators, interface developers and flash artists. Therefore, the candidate must have a well-rounded understanding of graphic design, information architecture, usability, technology, and experience design. Applied conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, day-to-day shepherding of a project to completion and team play with engagement managers, production, and technology leads are all part of daily life for an associate creative director (ACD) at Organic.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Six to ten years of professional experience encompassing the following: A minimum of four years as a senior in at least two of the following areas: multimedia, advertising, interactive advertising, game interface design, Internet design, marketing, publishing, broadcast, film or television.
- Has degree in or training in area of discipline expertise.
- Online portfolio review required.
- Has successfully directed/ managed multidisciplinary creative teams in the production of Internet and multimedia products, and has worked in multi-disciplinary teams that included producers, artists, designers, writers, and engineers. High-bandwidth interactive development experience a plus.
- Strong creative and conceptual vision for multimedia, and the ability to execute high quality integrated interactive communications against strategic business objectives.
- Is an expert in graphic design
- Strong comprehension of information architecture and editorial disciplines and methodologies.
- Mastery of project concept creation, site architecture, user-interface specification, functionality specification and interactive design.
- Strong understanding of front-end interactive design solutions for back-end data systems. Working knowledge of capabilities of different platforms and browsers, and their design constraints on the Web.
- Successful experiences working with and selling to clients.
- Ability to direct creative teams including information architects, designers, and writers.
- Strong time management and creative resource management capabilities
- Has demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task effectively under pressure.
- Fulfills leadership tasks and deliverables of an ACD in support of the office of the creative director. Specifically, leads and directs across disciplines, the development and execution of short term (project specific) and long term (account specific) creative strategies.
- Ensures creative scope, schedule and budget are accurate.
- Develops and signs-off on creative estimates and ensures high quality, profitable execution of creative deliverables.
- Develops and executes account growth strategies with account core team members to meet account goals set by the engagement lead.
- Coordinates with creative director and resource manager in projections for, and assignment of, creative discipline group members to client projects.
- Maintains an awareness of status and project deliverables of all discipline group members’ project work.
- Facilitates and orchestrates contact between account creative team and client.
- Participates constructively in inter-department and cross-service line communications.
- Manages, prepares and presents new business development and project presentations.
- Contributes to the evolution and maintenance of each creative discipline workflow.
- Takes an active role in developing, maintaining and refining a vision for the direction of the interactive communications industry. Develops oneself toward thorough leadership. Speaks publicly, representing Organic creative discipline.
- Contributes to the communication, demonstration and evolution of the quality standards of Organic creative product to clients.