About Organic, Inc.
Organic designs and builds exceptional online experiences for leading brands by delivering integrated digital marketing communications, including comprehensive websites and online advertising campaigns, that drive brand awareness and more profitable customer relationships. Founded in 1993, Organic has offices in Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto. Organic is a top ten interactive agency, according to Advertising Age. For more information, please visit www.organic.com
Organic, Inc. is a part of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com ). Omnicom is a leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
The Creative Director (CD) fulfills the leadership tasks and deliverables of their assigned client accounts. Specifically, the CD leads and directs cross-disciplinary development and execution of short-term (project specific) and long-term (engagement specific) creative strategies. Also responsible for representing and communicating Organic’s creative and business philosophy, methodology and capabilities to current and potential clients, as well as across all departments, business units and service lines. Develops and executes account growth strategies with account core team members to meet account P&L goals set by the engagement lead. The CD will seek opportunities to collaborate across the Organic network with the global creative team.
Functional Graphic Design expertise is mandatory along with team management and client facing skills. Requires the capabilities to direct and enhance the efforts of a creative team consisting of designers, information architects, illustrators, interface developers and flash artists. The successful candidate will have a well-rounded understanding of graphic design, information architecture, usability, technology, and experience design. Applied conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, day-to-day shepherding of a project to completion and team collaboration with engagement managers, production, and technology leads are all part of daily life for a creative director (CD) at Organic.
We are searching for a highly conceptual team leader who is constructive, fearless, charismatic, smart, self-possessed and committed to a vision. Passion, perspective, innovation and impact are the Organic core values a potential candidate will be expected to embody.
- Eight to ten years of professional experience encompassing a minimum of six years as a senior level professional in at least two of the following areas: multimedia, advertising, interactive advertising, game interface design, Internet design, marketing, publishing, broadcast, film or television.
- Bachelors or higher degree in a creative discipline. Relevant experience and training may be substituted.
- Online portfolio review required.
- Has successfully directed/ managed multidisciplinary creative teams in the production of Internet and multimedia products, and has worked in multi-disciplinary teams that included producers, artists, designers, writers, and engineers. High-bandwidth interactive development experience beneficial.
- Strong creative and conceptual vision for multimedia, and the ability to execute high quality integrated interactive communications against strategic business objectives.
- Is an expert in graphic design; demonstrated ability to mentor and guide other graphic designers.
- Strong comprehension of information architecture and editorial disciplines and methodologies.
- Mastery of project concept creation, site architecture, user-interface specification, functionality specification and interactive design.
- Strong understanding of front-end interactive design solutions for back-end data systems. Working knowledge of capabilities of different platforms and browsers, and their design constraints on the Web.
- Successful experience working with and selling to clients.
- Ability to direct creative teams including information architects, designers, and writers.
- Strong time management and creative resource management capabilities.
- Has demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task effectively under pressure.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions Include
- Fulfills leadership tasks and deliverables of a CD in support of the office of the Group Creative Director. Specifically, leads and directs across disciplines, the development and execution of short term (project specific) and long term (account specific) creative strategies.
- Ensures creative scope, schedule and budget are accurate. Develops and signs-off on creative estimates and ensures high quality, profitable execution of creative deliverables.
- Develops and executes account growth strategies with account core team members to meet account goals set by the engagement lead.
- Coordinates with group creative director and resource manager in projections for, and assignment of, creative discipline group members to client projects.
- Maintains an awareness of status and project deliverables of all discipline group members’ project work.
- Facilitates and orchestrates contact between account creative team and client.
- Participates constructively in inter-department and cross-service line communications.
- Manages, prepares and presents new business development and project presentations.
- Contributes to the evolution and maintenance of each creative discipline workflow.
- Takes an active role in developing, maintaining and refining a vision for the direction of the interactive communications industry. Develops oneself toward thorough leadership. Speaks publicly, representing Organic creative discipline.
- Contributes to the communication, demonstration and evolution of the quality standards of Organic creative product to clients.
Professional Standards and Development
- Maintains a current level of professional knowledge, with a continued focus on professional training and development.
- Maintains a professional network and key resource contacts.
- Is responsible for personal growth and development.
- Communicates openly and honestly.
- Models professional behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.