SMART, the global leader in interactive whiteboards and group collaboration tools, is looking to hire talented people to further its remarkable growth. Explore the careers at one of Canada's 50 best-managed companies, and find a stable, challenging atmosphere that allows your drive and creativity to shine. SMART is recruiting for a concept designer, interactive, for its Calgary office.
Reporting to the manager, design services, you will develop and execute original concept designs for interactive multimedia projects based on SMART brand guidelines. You will critique concept projects within the design services team and assist in the development of concept work as required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Producing new ideas for marketing materials
- Participating in the creative process, sketching rough ideas, providing feedback and presenting concepts
- Developing digital and sketched storyboards
- Visualizing interactive screen layout
- Developing user interface demos
- Researching current trends, technologies and approaches in interactive design
You have the following qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in graphic design, arts or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years' experience in print design (catalogs, direct mail, advertisements and brochures)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of interface design principles
- Knowledge of Macintosh and WindowsÂ® operating systems
Experience with print production processes, photo manipulation and typography design
- Proficient with AdobeÂ® PhotoshopÂ®, Adobe IllustratorÂ®, Adobe InDesignÂ®, Adobe AcrobatÂ®/PDF, QuarkXPressâ„¢, CorelDRAWÂ® and PC environment
As part of the larger marketing communications group, you'll serve as a member of cross-functional marketing communications teams, working with interactive multimedia and usability specialists to guide the development of interactive multimedia projects, and help clearly define deadlines and milestones. Your ability to communicate effectively and confidently will assist you in maintaining a team rapport with creative team personnel and project leads.
Competition Number: MK-054-HO