SMART Technologies , the global leader in interactive whiteboards and group collaboration tools, is looking to hire talented people to further its remarkable growth. Explore the careers at one of Canada’s 50 best-managed companies, and find a stable, challenging atmosphere that allows your drive and creativity to shine. SMART is recruiting for a designer, interactive and multimedia for its Calgary office.
o, Reporting to the manager, design services, you will develop and execute original interactive multimedia and video projects based on SMART’s brand guidelines. You will be expected to critique concept projects within the design services team and to assist in the development of concept work as required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Participating in the creative process, sketching rough ideas, generating feedback and presenting concepts
- Producing interactive motion graphic concepts for visual effect, navigation and presentations
- Producing motion graphic pieces for both Macromedia® Flash®
- Developing graphical user interface for software and web-based applications, CD-ROMs and DVDs
- Researching current trends, technologies and approaches in interactive design and videos production and post-production
You have the following qualifications:
- A degree, diploma or certificate in interactive multimedia design
- Minimum two years’ experience with interactive multimedia design working in a corporate environment
- Experience with interactive multimedia production processes, photo manipulation, user interface design and video production and post-production
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of interface design principles
- Knowledge of Macintosh and Windows operating systems and associated browsers, applications and utilities
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite 2, Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple DVD Studio Pro, Apple QuickTime, Avid Xpress DV, Microsoft Windows Media Player, Autodesk Cleaner, Macromedia Flash 8, Macromedia Director MX 2004, HTML, DHTML, XML, ActionScript, Lingo, and CSS
As part of the larger marketing communications group, you will serve as a member of cross-functional marketing communications teams, working with interactive concept designers and usability specialists to guide the development of interactive multimedia projects, and help clearly define deadlines and milestones. Your ability to communicate effectively and confidently will assist you in maintaining a team rapport with creative team personnel and project leads.
Competition Number: MK-053-HO