The fastest growing acceleration provider in the world, SlipStream Data Inc is a profitable, privately-owned software development company founded in 2000 and based in Waterloo, ON, Canada. SlipStream delivers the fastest and most reliable Internet acceleration and optimization technology, enabling service providers and technology partners to enhance the online experience for mobile, broadband and dialup users, while significantly reducing bandwidth requirements. SlipStream’s patented, easy-to-deploy technology is the fastest in the market, as confirmed by recent independent testing, accelerating access to Web and email by as much as seven times. SlipStream’s core technology, the SlipStream Acceleration & Optimization Engine, is the most widely-deployed web and email technology in the world, in use by more than 2,000 service providers in over 45 countries. For more information visit: www.slipstream.com
SlipStream is increasing its product management group in response to a growing market demand. This position will be working closely with the Director of Wireless Market Development and will assume day-to-day responsibility for our wireless carrier products. We are looking for a technically strong, enthusiastic product manager with solid communication skills to assume this responsibility.
- Understanding of cellular and broadband wireless (WiFi and WiMax) network technology
- Familiar with designing products incorporating end-user usability or ergonomics
- Familiar with mobile data applications, handsets, Smartphones, PDAs, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- International market experience would be an asset
- Fluency in other languages would be an asset
- Minimum of 3 years’ product management experience in a high-tech/software company
- Minimum of 3 years’ wireless carrier and/or WiFi related experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ business experience
- Experience defining product software requirements, particularly in the Internet or communications industry
- Minimum appropriate undergraduate degree
Roles and Responsibilities
- Defining product development requirements
- Working closely with Engineering, Sales and Marcom
- Conducting market research into competitor product features/capabilities
- Assisting with product prioritization and the development of product delivery schedules; monitoring and reporting on progress of product delivery
- Assisting in the launch of new products/functionality
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate the job you are applying for in the subject. No phone calls or agencies please. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be able to work unrestricted in Canada.