The Usability Specialist (Ref #D2LUS2006) will be responsible for working with end users and stakeholders to understand and refine user and business requirements as laid out by the Product Manager. They will conduct usability studies and analyze the results to propose solutions for improved user experience, as well as providing guidance and coaching on user-focused design principles. The Usability Specialist will work closely with Business Analysts to write detailed design specifications, with emphasis on user interfaces.
Division/Department: Product Management
Type of Position: Full-time
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
- Conduct research into ergonomics and human-computer interaction (HCI)
- Ensure consistency and ease of use of the product
- Assist in design reviews and the design documentation process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field, preferably Human Computer Interaction or Cognitive Psychology with high academic achievement
Work Experience Recommendations
- 2+ years of experience working with user-centric web design
- Superior technical writing skills
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
Successful candidates will posses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. This position requires good interpersonal and communication skills and the candidate must be a team-player.
This is your opportunity to make a big impact in the area of next-generation eLearning applications! Candidates that have the combination of skills and abilities as outlined are invited to submit their qualifications in confidence today.