100% CANADIAN. As Canada’s public broadcaster, CBC offers all Canadians broadcasting services that reflect and celebrate our country’s diverse heritage, culture and stories.
|Posting Date:||February 2, 2006|
|Unposting Date:||February 16, 2006|
Position Summary – Interface Engineer (Programmer) â€“ TOR00633
Works collaboratively with the creative department to translate visual designs, user experience flows and content into functional interfaces for client web projects. Works closely with other engineers and developers to determine browser or other client side technology recommendations and guidelines. Develops client side interface implementations and tests these implementations for conformance to engineering specifications.
- Understand and utilize knowledge of web standards and W3C DOM
- Using knowledge of CSS and DOM, develop interfaces that perform consistently across a wide range of browser â€“ platform combinations, in an efficient manner
- Develop Flash pieces that balance creative and technical excellence
- Revise and adapt existing Actionscript code libraries to improve or alter functionality of Flash content.
- Work closely with Team Lead and designers to ensure that creative intent and results are achieved at the highest level
- Spec out and communicate designs and user interaction, working with information architect, designers and developers from prototype through implementation and testing
- Design and develop XHTML/CSS template architecture
- Maintain high coding standards and practices with regard to re-usability of code
- Develop modular code base for designs using benefits of cascading style sheets
- Optimize web pages for Search Engines
- Be familiar with basic concepts of Information Architecture
- Demonstrate knowledge with accessibility (WAI, 508)
- Utilize experience with internationalization
- Assist in technology assessments
- Participate in code reviews
- Assist users in acceptance testing of newly developed application, modifications or upgrades.
- Prepare complete documentation on the application, upgrade, modification or enhancement produced.
- Estimate the effort and time required for development, tests, and implementation of projects.
- Liaise with developers and other team members to obtain regular reports on project status.
- Troubleshoot when problems arise within applications.
- Support in-house training programs
- Assist in testing when necessary.
- A university degree or College Diploma in a relevant technical field of study or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Programmer/Interface Engineer
- Expert level knowledge of DTD and Schema validation
- Experience with latest techniques of Search Engine Optimization
- Experience with Flash and Actionscript 2.0
- Ability to communicate Flash’s technical and creative prowess
- Experience with a source code repository such as CVS,
- Experience with SSI and SSI directives for Apache server
- Excellent communication skills â€” verbal and written.
- Ability to clearly explain objectives, requirements and directions to others.
- Good interpersonal skills to ascertain appropriate measures when programming problems arise.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and disseminate information to other CBC personnel, including non-technical staff.