University Health Network is a major landmark in Canada’s healthcare system and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. It consists of Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Princess Margaret Hospital. Building on the strengths of this remarkable Hospital network, the new organization brings together the talent and resources that make it an international leader in healthcare.
Position: HUMAN FACTORS ENGINEER
Site: TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL
Department: MEDICAL ENGINEERING
Reports to: MANAGER
Salary Range: $35.74 – $51.82 (Midpoint: $44.68/hr, suggested maximum hiring rate) Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN compensation policy
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Status: PERMANENT FULL TIME
As an integral member of the Medical Engineering department based in the Centre for Global eHealth Innovation, the responsibilities of the Human Factors Engineer, Healthcare Human Factors Group include:
- collaborating with Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC), Ontario Hospital Association (OHA), Canada Health Infoway (CHI), other organizations and UHN staff to develop plans for the evaluation of devices and medically-based IT applications based on specific criteria;
- the development of protocols for the HF evaluation of medical device technology and related information and communication technology;
- conducting HF evaluations of the technology;
- liaising with appropriate vendors/suppliers to facilitate and support planning of the device evaluation;
- planning and co-ordinating the evaluation of the medical devices in terms of the use of the Centre’s HF laboratory and live clinical environments, and prepare detailed reports of the evaluation to be published in peer-reviewed journals as necessary
- actively engages in the promotion of the Centre as leader in the area of HF in healthcare.
- performs analysis, recommendations, conclusions, and reporting
- fulfills the publishing and presentation requirements of the MOHLTC, OHA and others as required. As well as publishing novel studies and methods in peer-reviewed journals.
- Completion of a recognized master’s degree in Human Factors Engineering, or equivalent preferred.
- Four (4 ) years related experience preferred.
- Experience working in a hospital environment preferred.
- Experience with medical device technology preferred.
- Strong IT and digital AV background and skills preferred.
- Eligibility for Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario with the PEO preferred.
- Memberships in HF professional organization preferred
POSTED DATE: February 09, 2006
CLOSING DATE: February 28, 2006 by 3:00pm .
CONTACT: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.