Channel 3 Media is the content production division of EK3 Technologies Inc., a London-based technology company that builds intelligent media distribution products and solutions. Our specialties are in the Information Technology, Media Technology and Audio Visual industries. Please visit our website at www.ek3.com for more information about the company.
The Web Application Designer will work directly with both the development team and the Creative Director to design innovative, highly usable interfaces for content and playlist management products. Working as an interactive designer from concept to completion, this position is responsible for:
- Working with the Creative Director to create highly sophisticated interface designs for complex web applications that bring simplicity and ease to a variety of projects â€“ largely for multi-dimensional content, playlist and distribution management.
- Ensuring appropriate approvals are gathered from key stakeholders.
- Working with the project management and development team to deliver functional specifications, flow charts and a QA testing plan.
- Adhering to web-safe and usability best practices.
- Delivering HTML, CSS and optimized images for each page to be developed.
- Delivering additional content materials (PDF, Flash content, etc.).
- Determining and enforcing supported browser support for requested features.
- Keeping current with new technologies, techniques, software, usability practices and interface design standards and applying them where suitable.
- Additional responsibilities include working closely with CPG brands to produce compelling digital advertising for use on the network. Responsibilities include:
- Contacting and maintaining relationships with key CPG brands, producing highly specialized promotional media and gaining appropriate approvals.
- Maintaining an archive of materials, ensuring that only approved materials are available for distribution to channel partners and clients
- Organizing and producing product photo shoots for CPG clients and partners
As a graphic designer, deep knowledge of the following tools is required:
- Adobe Creative Suite 2
- Macromedia Studio
- Adobe After Effects or equivalent
- DVD Studio Pro
In addition to superior graphic design skills, the successful candidate will have deep knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies and best practices. In fact, the application of these technologies and standards in their design is nearly second nature. These technologies and standards include:
- LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL & PHP)
Education and experience
- 3+ Years GUI design with 5+ Years web design
- Experience in team environment (creative, development, operations, etc.) is mandatory.
- Demonstrable experience designing enterprise-scale e-commerce
- Interactive and New Media agency experience preferred
- Direct experience with a development team preferred
- University BFA in graphic/interface design or equivalent
We appreciate and thank all applicants, however only those meeting our criteria will be contacted for an interview.
To apply look for the directions on the bottom of “this page”: http://www.ek3.com/careers/webappdev.php