Originally from Monster.ca
Nygård International was founded by Peter J. Nygård in 1973 and has grown to become the number one women's apparel manufacturer in Canada and number three in North America. The company expanded into the United States in1978. As a result of its increasingly diverse business activities, in 1987 Nygård opened the company’s International Sales and Marketing Headquarters in Toronto, a building that is a showcase for both Toronto and the Fashion Industry. The company now lays claim to complete design, production and distribution facilities in Winnipeg and Los Angeles, research and design studios in New York, Europe and Hong Kong, and sales offices throughout Canada and the US, as well as extensive operations throughout the Orient and Mexico.
Our software development team needs an experienced graphic web designer.
In order to complement our elite team of professionals, we need an experienced graphics person to design and create dynamic and interesting online experiences for us and our clients. The Graphic Web Designer will collaborate with an in house software development team to ensure a positive web experience.
In this position you will create web pages by designing and executing user interface elements, graphics, animation and prototypes; supporting the visual, branding, navigational and stylistic needs of the web site or web application. You have the ability to take an existing user interface design (for example Photoshop or other graphics files, Audio, Flash, Quicktime.), or raw ideas from end users, and integrate it into a development project with little or no supervision. You will complete web projects by coordinating with the application development teams enabling a tie to your web design to their business application.
- You will ideally have a certificate or degree in Web Design or a related discipline and 2 to 5 years of web design experience.
- A solid foundation in interface design, web design, interactive media along with a firm grasp of current web-related graphics hardware and software is essential.
- Familiarity with browser-compatibility issues, usability, web optimization, web standards, web analytics and email marketing experience a plus.
- Nygård is a Microsoft .NET shop utilizing Visual Studio as it's main development area. Familiarity with this would be helpful to aid in co-ordination with the development teams working on the back ends for your web pages.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact constructively with team members are manditory for the successful candidate.
- You have excellent attention to detail, and a proven track record to multi-task while delivering on deadlines.
- You must have the desire to continue to learn new technologies, take on new challenges, and grow professionally.
- You must be a self starter who can work effectively both independently and within a team on multiple high profile projects
p.Email: [email protected]