Working in the e-Business/Internet Delivery group, this role will be a critical part of a team of internet focused business analyst/ information architects and web specialists. The work will be focused on multiple clients the primary being in Insurance.
This key role will appeal to an individual with 5 years of hands-on experience working with complex/interactive web projects in a fast-paced environment, and managing online design applications and standards for large-scale organizations. The Web Designer / Developer works on various projects to build prototype user interface designs for usability testing, client review and sales demonstrations, as well as serve as a knowledge resource for the latest trends and technologies for web- and standards-based user interface and web site development. You will work to actively assist in improving the usability, usefulness and professionalism of CGI web applications that exceed client expectations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with usability team members and other internal stakeholders to build storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of proposed and planned web applications and features.
- Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards customer web applications, to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel.
- Conduct ongoing research of web-based user interface design and development best practices.
- Work collaboratively with team members, including Project Managers, Arhcitects, Designers, Developers, to ensure that each project meets the client's objectives while maintaining a high level of team satisfaction with the project, relationship, and process
- Contribute to the overall design of projects to ensure high-quality, on-budget, on-time delivery.
- Contribute to the ongoing success of the design team, and company; maintain the high quality of our work and continue the strong relationship with our client
Required Work Experience
- Comfortable working in both MAC and Windows environments;
- Extensive knowledge of HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (ability to hand-code a must) ;
- Proficiency in graphics programs like Photoshop and Illustrator or similar products for creating images and animated graphics;
- Proficiency in creating interactive Flash animation/movies and integrate Flash with web pages. Ability to do ActionScript is an asset;
- Ability to design web layout/navigation based on understanding of online user experience ;
- Excellent organization, communication and strong analytical skills;
- An ability to meet tight deadlines is essential to keep up in our fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Portfolio of work REQUIRED. Should include examples of all areas of interaction design (user flows, wire frames, final graphical display).
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work well independently with internal clients, as a project lead/manager, and as an individual team member.
Required Level of Education
- Bachelors or Masters in a related field
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple activities in a dynamic environment
- Proven Team leadership skills
Must Have Technical Skills
- Web Creative Design
- Experience in Illustrator and Photoshop desired
- Web Development experience
|Business Analysis||5 year(s)|
|Information Architecture||5 year(s)|
|Creative Management||5 year(s)|
Nice to Have Technical Skills:
- Business Analysis
- Information Architecture
- Proficiency in Visio
- Understanding of a variety web technologies
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate clients. Must be willing to travel
With 25,000 professionals, CGI is one of the largest independent information technology services firms in North America, providing end-to-end IT services and business solutions to clients worldwide. CGI provides a full range of IT services, including consulting, systems integration, and the management of business and IT functions.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full time permanent members start on the first day of employment and generally include a minimum of 3 weeks vacation, profit participation and a stock purchase plan. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.