At Maskery, you will work on exciting projects from across the public and private sector, ranging from leaders in their industry sector to startups. You will work with small teams who care about best practices and have a strong desire to deliver fun, effective, usable products and services. You will get the opportunity to work on multi-year projects as well as on extremely short turnaround engagements. You must be available to travel nationally at short notice and willing to work additional hours on occasion.
Our customers expect us to be able to ramp up quickly and to have deep knowledge of usability, human factors and customer research. We look for people who have very good interpersonal skills and who are comfortable working on their own or as part of a team. As a consultant, you'll need to be able to switch gears quickly and always be looking for ways to educate our clients on usability issues as they relate to their business or organization. You'll be able to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a presenter. And, you'll be self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of curiosity and analytical thinking ability.
Our current openings are for contractors in the National Capital Region (Ottawa) and in Toronto in the following areas:
- intermediate and senior level user interface design contractors
Requirements – User Interface Designers
- Relevant degree (one of the human sciences such as psychology, linguistics, sociology, ergonomics, industrial psychology ) or substantial training in user interface design and the user centered design process
- 5+ years experience in user interface design for intermediate level, and 8+ years for senior level positions
- Experience in user interface design for software applications, web applications, web sites, network management, PDAs, all types of telephones and telephony, mobility applications, enterprise-wide applications, and consumer, commercial and industrial products and services
- Experience developing and iterating low- to high-fidelity prototypes such as storyboards, wire frames, screenshots, PowerPoint mockups, html, DreamWeaver, Fireworks, etc
- Experience in user needs analysis, use case development, information architecture design and interaction design as well as with documenting user interface designs using UI specification documents, prototypes, flow charts, mind maps, wireframes and/or Style Guides
- Strong understanding of usability design principles, best practices and design tradeoffs throughout the development lifecycle
- Proven ability to explain the rationale for design decisions
- Familiar with the 'Whole Product Experience' concept and have experience in designing for phases other than 'using it' (e.g. installability, maintainability, upgradeability, deployability)
- Senior individuals must have heuristic (usability) evaluation experience as well as project management and team lead experience. The ability to interact with our key clients, shape discussions, provide recommendations, establish credibility and exert significant influence on client decisions will definitely be an asset
- Knowledge of designing for people with disabilities an asset
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Highly motivated, adaptable, and eager to learn
- Located in Ottawa or Toronto and available to start immediately
- Bilingualism and government security clearances an asset
Interested? Please send your resume and per diem expectations in Text, HTML, PDF, or Word format, to [email protected] We do not accept resumes by fax, mail, or in person. All applications will be handled in confidence. References will be required
Maskery would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume, however, only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.