At Maskery, you will work on exciting projects from across the public and private sector, ranging from leaders in their industry sector to startups. You will work with small teams who care about best practices and have a strong desire to deliver fun, effective, usable products and services. You will get the opportunity to work on multi-year projects as well as on extremely short turnaround engagements. You must be available to travel nationally at short notice and willing to work additional hours on occasion.
Our customers expect us to be able to ramp up quickly and to have deep knowledge of usability, human factors and customer research. We look for people who have very good interpersonal skills and who are comfortable working on their own or as part of a team. As a consultant, you'll need to be able to switch gears quickly and always be looking for ways to educate our clients on usability issues as they relate to their business or organization. You'll be able to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a presenter. And, you'll be self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of curiosity and analytical thinking ability.
Our current openings in the National Capital Region (Ottawa) and in Toronto are for:
- all levels of usability researchers
h3. Requirements – Usability Researchers
- Relevant post-graduate degree in experimental design, human factors, cognitive psychology or equivalent
- No experience necessary for entry level positions, 5+ years experience in usability research for intermediate level, and 10+ years for senior level positions
- Experience in customer and usability research for software applications, web applications, web sites, network management, PDAs, all types of telephones and telephony, enterprise-wide applications, and consumer, commercial and industrial products and services
- Experience in more than one of task analysis, observation, focus group moderation, usability walkthroughs, questionnaire and survey design (paper and online), usability testing, card sorting, ethnographic studies, interviewing, literature reviews, business and user requirements definition, persona definition, â€¦
- Intermediate and senior individuals should be familiar with the 'Whole Product Experience' concept and have experience in conducting research for phases other than 'using it' (e.g. installability, maintainability, upgradeability, deployability, etc)
- Solid understanding of applied experimentation
- Good understanding of usability design principles and best practices
- Senior researchers must have the ability to interact with our key clients, shape discussions, provide recommendations, establish credibility and exert significant influence on client decisions, as well have solid project management and research prime experience
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Highly motivated, adaptable, and eager to learn
- Located in Ottawa or Toronto and available to start immediately
- Bilingualism and government security clearances an asset
Interested? Please send your resume and per diem expectations in Text, HTML, PDF, or Word format, to [email protected] . We do not accept resumes by fax, mail or in person. All applications will be handled in confidence. References will be required.
Maskery would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume, however, only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.