Originally from HSBC Careers powered byWorkopolis
As a User Experience Architect in our fast-paced evolving workplace, you will support primary and secondary research efforts and communicate the results to business stakeholders. In combination with business objectives the team will create workflows, site maps, labeling and various other navigation schemes, and support user-testing efforts throughout a project lifecycle. You are confident in your communications skills, including speaking to groups and leading meetings. Minimal travel may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will support research efforts to uncover customer needs and define context for a project, then translate those findings into user personas, scenarios of use and concept models
You gain understanding of what users of our electronic products need and want to do in the context of those products, and ensure that the development of the interfaces for those products best serve the users’ needs
- Your multi-tasking and prioritizing skills come into play for the coordination, development and facilitation of usability tests
- You will create user-centered site architecture documentation (including interaction models, site navigation, information structuring, wireframes, labeling and searching systems) and recommend user testing and performance measurements in addition to working with graphic designers to translate architecture into the look-and-feel of interfaces
- You have experience translating user research data, business requirements and competitive analysis findings into concrete site-building tactics, and have worked on conceptualization and design of navigation, labeling, searching and organization systems for web sites and applications
Qualifications & Requirements
- Master's/Bachelor's degree in Library and Information Science, Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or equivalent
- We will consider recent graduates with applicable experience in school or through professional experiences of less than 3 years
- Experience strategizing and architecting user interface design for high-traffic dynamic web sites
- Experience with e-commerce design required
- Content management experience a plus
- Work samples will be required during the interview process
If you are seeking a challenging and promising career, HSBC has a world or professional opportunities for you to explore. We offer a competitive Total Rewards Package, including incentive pay, plus reduced rates for loans and mortgages.
At HSBC, we value diversity in our workforce and invite all qualified applicants to submit a cover letter and resume. Thank you in advance for your interest, however; only candidates under consideration will be contacted.