The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) wants to revitalize our corporate internet presence (www.camh.net ).
We are looking to use the consulting services of a web Information Architect—working along with CAMH's own usability testing team—to recommend ways that we can improve our site content architecture to better meet the needs of our key audiences. Specifically, we would like you to quote on delivering an Information Architecture site plan showing how our website's content could be successfully reorganized and streamlined, and how the site’s navigability could be improved.
Attached please find our background information and site content documents.
Thank you for considering quoting on this project. [Ed. Note: Deadline for Quotation is Feb. 15, 2006.]
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) wants to improve the Information Architecture of our website www.camh.net in order to better meet the needs of our key audiences.
Background: About CAMH
The Centre of Addiction and Mental Health is Canada’s leading addiction and mental health teaching hospital. CAMH transforms the lives of people affected by addiction and mental illness by applying the latest in scientific advances and integrating compassionate clinical practice, health promotion, public policy, education and research.
CAMH has central facilities located in Toronto, Ontario and 26 community locations throughout the province. CAMH is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto and is both a Pan American Health Organization and World Health Organization Collaborating Centre. CAMH was formed in 1998 as a result of the merger of the Clarke Institute of Psychiatry, the Addiction Research Foundation, the Donwood Institute and Queen Street Mental Health Centre.
CAMH’s mission is to improve the lives of those affected by addiction and mental health problems and promote the health of people in Ontario and beyond. Our vision is of strong and healthy communities, in which people with addiction and mental health problems can access appropriate and effective services and live as full participants. Our values and commitments are to client-centred practice, continuous learning, diversity, evaluation and accountability, an holistic view of health, and partnership.
Background: Mission, Vision and Goals of www.camh.net
To be an excellent source of on-line mental health and addiction information for:
- clients (patients)
- healthcare and other professionals, and
- the public.
reflecting the mission, values, accomplishments and services of CAMH.
To develop and maintain a website that features current and easily accessible information on:
- CAMH clinical programs and services
- Educational opportunities concerning mental health and addiction
- Health promotion initiatives at CAMH
- Public policy statements
- News about CAMH
- Events at CAMH
- CAMH publications for purchase or download
- Employment opportunities at CAMH
- Volunteer opportunities at CAMH
- Making a donation
- General information on mental health, addiction, and treatment
- CAMH Research initiatives
- CAMH and its people
- Links to other resources in mental health and addictions
- Be an inviting, useful, and informative site that is user-friendly, easy to navigate and reliable
- Have a unified identity that is consistent with CAMH branding strategy guidelines and graphic standards and that will work in consort with other web initiatives at CAMH
- Be enhanced and promoted continuously to ensure its popularity and use by a increasingly wider audience
- Provide accurate representation of CAMH and reflect its corporate values and mission
- Provide opt-in model: consumers will receive information confidentially and/or anonymously unless they explicitly request otherwise
- Strive to provide access to a range of perspectives and approaches
- Offer materials produced by CAMH as per CAMH's policy on inclusion/exclusion and the French Language Services Act and as per Simple Language Guidelines consistent with the branding strategy guidelines and graphic standards.
- Reflect professional standards, follow best practices, and lower barriers to entry for consumers in its on-line information presentation and delivery.
Information Architecture Project
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) wants to revitalize our corporate internet presence at www.camh.net . We are looking to use the consulting services of a web Information Architectâ€”along with CAMH’s own usability testing team—to recommend ways that we can improve our site content architecture to better meet the needs of our key audiences. Specifically, we are requesting quotations on delivering an Information Architecture site plan showing how our website's content could be successfully reorganized and streamlined, and how the site's navigability could be improved.
- Information Architecture Site Plan with basic page schematics.
Deadline for Quotation
- Feb. 15, 2006