Do you believe software can change the world? Would you like to be a part of a team that will change the face of online market research? If yes, read on…
Vision Critical (www.visioncritical.com ) is a fast growing software developer of best-of-breed interactive tools for market research. We have an exceptional team based in Vancouver, BC, developing high quality products and solutions on the .Net framework. As a member of our team you will have an opportunity to solve interesting technical challenges in an innovative and exciting environment.
- Design “user experience” concepts and produce corresponding prototypes
- Develop design documents for prototypes
- Define and document specifications and requirements for UI designs.
- Support heuristic evaluations and other usability testing activities.
- Perform operational analysis of the proposed solution
- Analyze user, customer, and business needs to help define application requirements.
- Work with standards/best practices for interface usability and
responding to usability testing.
- Work with customers, development and other architects to gather usability requirements
- Coordinate Usability reviews with customers, 3rd parties and internal groups
- Consult with internal teams(marketing, technical writing, and software development) to ensure designs are understood, implemented, and communicated accordingly.
- Validate developed software for conformance to usability design and goals
- Experience in Web based and Windows based methodologies for user interfaces
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of user interface design experience
- Sound experience taking user requirements and implementing them into user- centered designs, usability testing, and end user research / analysis.
- UI design experience for desktop applications developed on the Microsoft .Net platform.
- Strong experience with OOP languages and coding GUI (C#, Java Swing, Qt.)
- Experience with iterative / agile software design and development methodologies
- Proven ability to understand, communicate, collaborate, and achieve consensus with business and technical teams.
- Skills in developing prototypes, both low fidelity (e.g., paper) and high fidelity (including html mock-up and/or code-based prototypes).
- Research skills in evaluating the impact of technologies on humans.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Specialized training/experience in Human Factors, HCI or Interface Design