|Job Title:||Information Architect/Interface Designer, Online Strategy and Client Experience, Toronto|
|Business Unit:||CMS CPB – Client Marketing and Strategy|
|Position Type:||Contract- Full Time|
Please note that this is a 6-month contract assignment.
An Information Architect, Online Strategy and Client Experience, works with project teams to design and deliver high quality client centered, effective, consistent and usable interfaces, for enterprise public and secure transactional websites for banking, investing and insurance, as well as IVR and ATMs, employing user-centered design principals, best practices and techniques on a project basis.
Some of the positions duties include:
- Managing and creating the design of user interface specifications, by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints.
- Working closely with business sponsors, project managers and IT teams.
- Leading the design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs and documentation.
- Leading usability testing, providing expert guidance to the project teams, creating test strategy/plans, test scenarios, screeners and facilitates usability testing as required.
- Working with the project managers to ensure that usability deliverables accommodate project timelines, budgets, technical and scope constraints
- Working on several projects at a time and providing regular status reporting to manager on all projects.
- Contributing to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient & effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
- Continuously developing self and the team by staying current of industry trends and best practices
- Acting as a usability advocate and consultant to project teams – provides expert guidance and leads thought regarding principles of information architecture and user-centered design.
- University degree in human factors/usability related discipline preferred
- Minimum 2 years related human factors/usability working experience
- At least 1 year experience in the role of information architect/ user experience lead /interface design lead
- Experience applying research and analysis to interface design
- Proven understanding user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
- Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating requirements from business sponsors, SMEs, users, and systems analysts etc
- Experience with both large and small scale projects
- Experience applying usability testing techniques and principles
- Expertise in creating Visio documents
- Proficiency in creating PowerPoint and HTML prototypes and all other MS Office applications
- Knowledge of web client technologies (browsers, HTML, CSS)
- Effective communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively
- Ability to provide creative solutions balancing user, business and technical needs
- Strong technology orientation
- Strong user/client orientation
- Strong creative, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Logical, analytical mind-set
- Extreme detail and consistency orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in project teams
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Extreme detail orientation, and a passion for consistency
â€¢ Experience with financial/investment/insurance applications is a definite asset
â€¢ Experience working within a large organization is an asset
â€¢ An understanding of accessibility design issues is an asset
â€¢ Experience with usability benchmarking and metrics an asset
â€¢ Proficiency in adobe Illustrator, Photoshop an asset
Required Skills List:
Preferred Skills List:
We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to employment equity/equal opportunity employment and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities.