- The Mobile Digital Commons Network requires a Lead Artist/Producer for the Global Heart Rate research project at the Banff Centre.
- The successful candidate will lead a team creating rich applications for a variety of mobile devices using GPS positioning and sensor input to drive the playback of rich-media content as users move through the Banff National Park. The applications will focus on enriching the real-world experience of visiting the Town of Banff and or the National Park, and will develop new forms of context-rich integrated-reality applications.
- Lead content creation, via consensus in a small team, of rich-media location-sensitive mobile applications set in the Banff National Park
- Direct artistic progress on developing content for these applications, making decisions about narrative, audio, imagery and experiential qualities of the application
- Where necessary, create treatments, storylines, and written, audio and visual content
- Manage iterations of design and production leading to the deployment of a final public test
- Engage with Parks Canada and potential audiences in the design and development process to explore and further participatory design practice in mobile applications
- Work with engineers to develop designer-focused toolsets for the creation of context-rich applications;
- Manage the delivery of documentation for grant reporting and acquittal.
- Experience with design and production of new media applications
- Conceived and executed a number of interactive multimedia projects that will have shown at significant exhibitions or galleries
- Experience managing small production teams on projects exceeding 6 months
- Familiarity with modern design methodologies, including participatory design, and confident of their ability to instill appropriate methodologies in team members
- Facility with a range of multimedia software design tools, with proven production capability;
- Knowledge about the history and culture of the Banff region
- You will be comfortable working in areas where established practice is limited, in exploring new possibilities and establishing strong working directions
- The ideal candidate is likely to have some research experience, having completed at least a Masters Thesis and/or have an established artistic research practice
- The ideal candidate is likely to have worked directly with engineers and be familiar with the issues involved in communicating design requirements
This position is currently funded until March 2007.
For more information: www.banffcentre.ca
RECRUITING AND TRAINING MANAGER
The Banff Centre
P.O. Box 1020, Station 19
Banff, Alberta T1L 1H5
TEL: (403) 762-6177 FAX: (403) 762-6677
Job location is Banff, AB