Headquartered in Toronto, ExtendMedia (formerly Digital Renaissance) creates integrated television and Internet content and technologies that establish powerful linkages between audiences, broadcasters, producers, advertisers, retailers, and broadband providers. ExtendMedia helps customers build audience loyalty and new revenue streams though end-to-end integrated solutions that build online communities of interest and provide retailers with contextual e-commerce opportunities.
Working in project teams with business development, project management, creative and technical colleagues, the User Experience Architect is responsible for:
- Analyzing target audience, tasks, business requirements and competitors to determine appropriate features and functionality
- Preparing information architecture (content organization, navigation schemes, labeling and searching systems and UI wireframes), business rules, use cases and functional design specification
- Collaborating with creative and technical team members on all UI related issues
- Planning and performing any applicable heuristic analyses, field studies, focus groups and user testing, etc.
- Minimum of three years experience in human factors, cognitive psychology, computer science, industrial design, instruction design or learning technology, with specific emphasis on information architecture, user interface design and the production of functional design specifications
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as a pro-active and self-motivated work ethic
- Ability to facilitate meetings such as client presentations, brainstorming, user interface design, user testing and focus groups
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, Visio
- Ability to lead and juggle multiple projects of varying size and scope