|Closing Date /Date limite||February 13, 2006/13 fÃ©vrier 2006|
|Job Reference #||29|
Reporting to the Director or Associate Director of Enterprise Architecture and as a member of the Enterprise Architecture Group, the individual will be responsible for:
- A wide variety of tasks related to the development, implementation, and operalization of MCAP's Information Management and Business Intelligence strategy.
- Promoting the implementation and operalization of MCAP's Information Management and Business Intelligence strategy.
- Development, publishing, enforcing and maintenance of information management standards and procedures.
- Participate in the design, development and maintenance of enterprise data warehouse models and metadata. Assist other IT business unit teams in the design, development, and maintenance of business unit level data warehouse models and metadata.
- Participating in the design of all enterprise and business unit operational data stores, data warehouses, and data marts. In addition, analyze and design ETL requirements and specifications.
- Support project delivery teams in their efforts to develop solutions by providing information architecture and technology guidance on projects of all sizes and may oversee other architecture projects.
- Develop an extensive knowledge of MCAP's BI tool set (Business Objects) and champion its use with the various business units.
- Lead and direct the Corporate IT BI competency Centre and manage the interaction with business unit BI competency centers.
- Work with Enterprise, Applications, and Infrastructure architects to ensure information architectures and projects adheres to MCAP IT principles, standards and specifications.
- Provides mentoring and coaching on information management and BI tools to other IT professionals.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends, especially as it pertains to information management, to enable you to provide input to the overall information architecture strategy, standards, and processes.
Skills and Assets:
- Have the ability to understand business requirements and business direction and translate these into sound information architectural option and solutions.
- Have a solid understanding of information management and BI concepts (such as ODS, DW, DM, and ETL), frameworks, and programs.
- Good working knowledge of relational database technology, preferably SQL and DB2,
- Good knowledge of data modeling in a data-warehousing context.
- Experience with implementing ETL tools, data-warehouses, data-marts, and BI tools.
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving, and design skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work at a detailed level in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with other IT professionals, business unit staff, vendors, and other external clients.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), negotiation, presentation, and organizational skills specifically including the ability to present information architecture in business terms to both IT and business staff including executives.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence others.
- Able to lead, coach and mentor other IT professionals.
- Self-motivated and able to contributed to MCAP's overall technology goals with minimal supervision
- Minimum 6 to 7 years of software design and development experience.
- Minimum 2 years of information architecture experience in roles specific to data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Proven experience with data integration, enterprise ETL tool(s), and BI tools and methodologies.
- Proven experience with dimensional modeling and communicating dimensional models to stakeholders
- Have an understanding of application architecture principles and the relationship between them and other enterprise architecture domains.
- Having a working knowledge and expertise in the Business Objects suite of products is a definite asset.