You will architect, design and develop the user experience for a variety of exciting web based applications targeted at a non-technical consumer group â€“ designed to make complex tasks simple for the ordinary user. You are fluent in information architecture and interaction design and have the ability to visualize and design simple but compelling user experiences.
Required is experience with web-based applications and in particular the ability to leverage the latest in Web 2.0 technologies to give the most compelling user experience available with the latest technologies. This is an opportunity for a very creative individual to utilize the latest technologies to do something truly unique working with a highly experienced and motivated product development team.
The role itself is fulltime, permanent, downtown Toronto.
- Rapid prototyping using Flash and HTML.
- Develop comprehensive sitemaps and page specifications from customer briefs that articulate logical user flow.
- Design web interfaces from sitemaps that demonstrate an understanding of customer requirements using techniques based on usability theory and concepts related to creating visual flow.
- Design web graphics using Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator or Freehand.
- Optimization of graphics, AJAX, HTML and CSS.
- Validate code, predict problems and debug scripts.
- Work within project schedules and deadlines.
- A related Bachelors’ degree, New Media Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of four years experience producing web based applications.
- Experience using AJAX programming techniques
- Experience coding dynamically generated content, especially JSP or ASP
- Experience with Actionscript
- Experience coding easily skin-able pages.
- Experience dealing with browser compatibility issues and cross platform support
- Experience with multiple graphic file formats, such as .gif, .eps, .psd, .jpg.
- Knowledge of how to maximize code reuse
- Experience with unit-testing, version control and issue tracking software.
- Proficiency with relevant design software particularly Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines
Other Desireable Experience
- Coding for limited devices, such as mobile handsets
- Development of multilingual Web applications
- Integration with content management systems
- Experience working in an XP/Agile development environment