Purpose of Job
Be the engine to take Nokia.ca to the next level as an online interactive environment. Nokia.ca and our other Canadian properties are key strategic assets to drive the Nokia experience for our most valued prize, our customers.
The Online Marketing Manager will engineer the online experience from end-to-end including:
- Creative Design
- Content Management
- Campaign development and execution
- Communications and loyalty initiatives
store.nokia.ca – With the recent launch of store.nokia.ca, the Online Marketing Manager will also be responsible for maximizing revenue and impact from this e-commerce property as well.
This position includes key strategic and tactical contributions with direct responsibility for the following:
- Project Management – development, implementation and maintenance of a world class online experience
- Create and maintain online merchandising and promotional concepts and activities- increasing online volume/revenue of Nokia Products
- Initiate and manage external online marketing partnerships, including existing affiliate program and acquisition of new customers
- Effectively manage external resources – e.g. fulfilment services, application service provider, activation provider, etc.
- Align/coordinate activities and objectives with internal departments – e.g. Nokia Business Groups (sales and marketing), manufacturing, accounting, CARE, etc.
- Conduct and report in-depth analysis of commerce site metrics
- Contribute to Global initiatives/activities
- Facilitate/integrate Consumer Relationship Marketing objectives – e.g. opt-in registrations, enhance consumer data collection/profile updates, support 1:1 communications and effectively engage consumers
- Develop compelling content to attract traffic and click rate for nokia.ca
- Liaise both internally and externally to provide viewer attractions, benefit and other relevant links/info for the site
- Ensuring timely back-end support for marketing activities and product launches;
- Evaluate website effectiveness and fine-tune activities for improvement
- Leverage database insights for offer planning and consumer activity
- Incorporate Customer Relationship Marketing as an overlay to all marketing initiatives
- Leverage U.S. Customer Relationship Marketing group and activities where possible
Highly creative, competitive and moving at 3G speeds. Nokia is a matrix organization with many different groups that must collaborate in order to achieve success. All Nokians must be highly self-sufficient, but still work with all stakeholders to win the day. Our OMM will take direction equally as well as sell the rest of the team on her or his vision. We rely on creative problem solving and non-standard approaches to achieving huge results. We work in an atmosphere of constant improvements and we seek opportunities for innovation. Some consultant and vendor management will also be a requirement.
- Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge in online and relationship marketing
- 5+ years direct experience in the development and management of consumer-focused E-commerce (telecommunications or technology product experience a plus)
- 5+ years experience in marketing, merchandising and promotions (online experience a plus)
- 5+ years experience in web design, copywriting, usability, requirements documentation, and/or information architecture
- Proven track record in consumer marketing, acquisition via search engine optimization, merchandising and affiliate programs (retail experience a plus)
- Bachelors Degree – preferably in Marketing, Merchandising, Business Administration/Management (or related fields)
- Must be an effective strategic and creative thinker with strong problem solving skills/orientation
- Must have strong consumer insights – related to practical online consumer behavior, expectation and needs/desires
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be experienced and comfortable working in a matrix organization
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be highly “team” oriented
- Proficiency in MS Office, web design applications, and basic knowledge of HTML