Usability Matters is a dynamic firm devoted exclusively to information architecture and usability evaluation services. Our team of 5 colleagues offers a dynamic and supportive working environment, as well as a breadth of experience and education from which you can benefit. Our varied client roster affords us the opportunity to work on a wide range of digital projects across many industry sectors.
- Working with various clients and their teams to define the goals, requirements, structure, navigation and functionality, of effective and engaging user interactions.
- Designing and documenting interactive solutions through text and diagrams, ensuring that the user experience satisfies expectations for utility and ease-of-use while meeting related business objectives and requirements.
- Planning, conducting and analyzing usability evaluations.
- Support the ongoing business development of Usability Matters.
Skills and experience
- Ability to analyze and comprehend varied project requirements
- Ability to present concepts and work-in-progress to clients in a professional, proactive manner
- Able to provide leadership and focus in client meetings
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing detailed reports
- Ability to think/communicate at the conceptual as well as the tactical level
- Ability to become a subject matter expert quickly through research and interviewing
- Experience with web development processes and life cycles
- Experience working with/designing for content management systems
- Strong understanding of the Internet and Web technologies
- Experienced with MS Word, MS Excel, VISIO and PowerPoint
- French fluency, oral and written, is a strong asset.
Strong academic foundation in information architecture, library science, education, communications, technical writing, new media, cognitive science, human-computer interaction or a related field.
Please forward your resume to [email protected] by 5:00 pm EST, Monday, February 13, 2006.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.