|Job Posting No.:||415|
|Posting Date:||January 25, 2006|
|Closing Date:||February 1, 2006|
|Position Title:||HR Communications Coordinator|
|Pay Scale Group:||PM2|
|Department:||Division of Human Resources and Equity|
|Broadband Salary Range:||$50,548 – $78,684|
|Hiring Zone:||$50,548 – $63,185|
|Appointment Type:||Budget – Continuing|
The HR Communications Coordinator is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of communication materials and programs that enhance and promote the University of Toronto as an employer of choice. The incumbent will assist in the development of key messages and communication plans for purposes of collective bargaining and labour relations issues management and provide support for the on-going maintenance and configuration of the University’s web-based recruitment system. Responsibilities include developing and coordinating all communications for the Division of HR & Equity; writing and editing material for publications or materials written on behalf of the Division of HR & Equity; developing promotional materials, images and information packages and arranging for printing and production of materials; developing creative ways of communicating with staff and faculty regarding HR initiatives; working with those in the University and at other institutions on best practices regarding effective use of the Web and intranet; assessing new website functionality and new content to determine effectiveness and user ability; developing web communication plans, evaluating effectiveness and seeking feedback on own initiative; developing web and intranet communications to support HR and Equity departments, including Labour Relations; and developing and delivering customized training.
- University degree, with an emphasis on communications and/or human resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in communications, including web communications (blogs, wikis and channel feeds desirable).
- Experience with Web interface design for usability.
- Experience with Web analytic tools and initiating site modifications based on analysis is a desirable skill.
- A thorough understanding of the relationship between the University’s Web space, enhancing the HR web site and the overall mission of the University is required.
- Training in Web concepts and technologies.
- Working knowledge of Web and design utilities such as HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, ConceptDraw, accessibility tools & standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate ideas to audiences of varied technical understanding.
- Highly developed research and organizational skills. Initiative and demonstrated analytical skill.
- Must be highly proactive, with the ability to manage a wide and dynamic range of duties simultaneously.
- Must be service and detail oriented.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, keep calm under pressure and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to use communication skills to produce various materials to reach targeted audiences both within and outside of the University.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Please submit RÃ©sumÃ© and Cover Letter to:
Central Administration Human Resources Services
214 College St., Room 310
Email: [email protected] Communications Coordinator Job # 415”