The web creative services manager is responsible for the web user interface creative, implementation and maintenance of our webstore for a particular brand. He/she will work closely with the E-commerce merchandising group to turn marketing initiatives and overall company strategy into creative web solutions while monitoring quality standards and brand identity. The web creative services manager must also provide leadership to a team of web interface designers and senior web interface designers and assumes responsibility for hands-on creative work and/or outsourcing as required.
- Attends briefings and weekly creative reviews to brainstorm and provide feedback on business objectives and GUI considerations
- Communicates brand standards to web designers as required, approves logo usage and graphic standards on all produced materials
- Liaise with other creative functions to ensure consistent brand identity, graphics standards and messaging for all produced designs
- Establishes and monitors web site design and usability quality standards
- Works with E-commerce merchandising team to prioritize and assign projects to senior web designer and web interface designers
- Negotiates terms and deadlines with internal clients
- Maintains accurate status documents to manage timelines and workload
- Creates policies and procedures unique to the department in order to increase efficiency and achieve operational objectives
- Evaluates web design/production trends and research new technologies, tools to help company minimizing expenses and managing overall costs
- Establishes new processes and continuous improvements to increase team’s productivities.
- Monitors expenditures to keep within budget parameters and maintains accurate records of project-specific expenses.
- Maintains ongoing system for recruitment, development, recognition and retention of all associates to maintain workforce stability
- Communicates company values, objectives, initiatives and results regularly
- Ensures the execution of ongoing status updates, performance management and formal reviews as per departmental standards and Viewpoint impact plans
- Provides proper training and development for all associates.
- Inspires creativity, innovative thinking, and problem-solving abilities in each associate
- Must be detail oriented
- 5+ years experience in web design/development with dynamic data driven pages
- 2-3 years experience managing and developing a team of 5 or more people
- Familiarity with server-based working environments
- Ability to work well within a team environment and under pressure of deadlines
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, ImageReady, Dreamweaver and Flash
- Conceptual skills in graphic design, page layout, presentations, multimedia design and proficiency in the latest computer applications
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and conflict resolution skills coupled with a sound understanding of business objectives, financial measurements and strategic planning
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and related email programs
- Commit to quality and continuous improvement
- Bachelors Degree in web/multi-media/graphic design preferred