The e-Content Designer is responsible for executing designs, product images and other graphics for content and products on homedepot.ca. Other responsibilities include creating interactive Flash presentations for products, banner advertising and promotions on outside Web sites, all of which contribute to increased sales and strengthened brand awareness for The Home Depot. The e-Content Designer helps to improve customer service by continually the experience through close study of what is effective and tracks with homedepot.ca customers.
- Prepares product images to maximize product presentation
- Prepares marketing espots and other promotional assets for homedepot.ca
- Designs distinctive icons to facilitate shopping
- Works with User Experience Manager and editor to develop and execute special concepts
- Develops flash presentations
- Packages and delivers assets in required format (online)
- Captures and maintains monthly design board of current industry standards and evolving techniques
- Education Required – The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 â€“ 2 years work experience.
- Certificates/Licenses – * Physical Job Requirements – Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Additional Qualifications – Strong design portfolio with at least 2 yrs of experience in the interactive design industry Educational diploma in Design, Multimedia, or a related field
- Ability to adapt to a variety of visual styles is essential. Solid illustration/design skills
- Advanced knowledge of current design software: PhotoShop, Illustrator, Flash
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the Web * Ability to articulate creative ideas Knowledge of information architecture and usability best practices.
- Some technical knowledge of various Web platforms
- Working knowledge of marketing, finance, human resources, advertising, merchandising and operations
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions consistent with department/company objectives
- Ability to create visual solutions consistent with industry trends yet unique and innovative
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand designs and visual elements
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deliverables
- Supervisory/coordinating skills
- Budgetary accountability
- Some project management skills