The e-Business Category Manager will be responsible for executing the merchandise programs for Canada's fastest growing direct business in an effort to extend our aisles and add complimentary categories. The Category Manager provides financial analysis of sales, business and industry analysis of consumer trends and is knowledgeable of the competitive landscape. Through financial planning, the Category Manger will be responsible for managing strategic targets and provide on product assortment and pricing strategy. Additionally, the Category Manager will be responsible for vendor negotiation, product line reviews, and assortment optimization, logistical planning through our DC network, product forecasting, marketing planning and overall profitability of their category, and data collection for the website.
- Provide statistical analysis of merchandise sales performance and profitability via interpretation of weekly and monthly reports/statistics. Refine direction to achieve sales targets as a result of analysis.
- Develop market plans for Direct Sales that include e-CRM, Direct Cat and SEM.
- Incorporate e-Business strategies and opportunities throughout THD enterprise. Work with and direct the creative marketing team making decisions regarding web-site content and layout.
- Incorporate boundaryless departments to insure all aspects of merchandising.
- Evaluate e-commerce activity and develop merchandising plans to improve site traffic and sales
- Develop strategies on product assortment and pricing strategy.
- Interact with vendors and retail merchants to insure that we are merchandising the site to assist with retail sales, promotions and new product introductions.
- Develop and deploy new merchandising avenues to drive sales on line and in our stores.
- Evaluate industry wide trends and competitive landscape
- Manage vendor performance and portfolio reviews, source new vendors as needed. Manage vendor product line reviews, product selection to ensure that assortment supports the merchandising strategy, sales targets, and meets quality control standards
- Negotiate all costs with vendors including Direct To Cconsumer shipping costs
- Coordinate with essential support functions: Logistics/Fulfillment/Inventory managers, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- Manage a P & L on their separate Category
- Education Required – The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Years of Relevant Work Experience – 8
- Proven business acumen (Finance, HR, Operations, software)
- Interactive Marketing and e-Business experience
- Proven leadership skills (people development, project management, builds strong relationships)
- Vendor management (negotiation, driving innovation)
- High level of product knowledge/expertise. Champions creative and innovative thinking.
- Analytical skills – ability to interpret data, identify trends and develop action plans to grow comp sales and improve profitability.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills. Able to lead and accomplish work through others.
- Strong planning and organization skills. Maintains a sense of urgency and able to manage multiple projects and schedule demands. Delegates effectively.
- Customer centric – sees the business through the eyes of the customer.
The Home Depot offers its associates competitive compensation and excellent benefits including paid sick, holiday and personal time, DPSP and Stock Plans. We are an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free workplace.
Your future. Your community. Your career. What will you build?