What can you build at HomeDepot?
Build a career with the youngest company ever to reach $60 billion as we seek to double our business over the next five years! The Home Depot Â® , founded in 1978 in Atlanta, Georgia, is the world’s #1 home improvement retailer, operating over 1,700 stores across North America. This Fortune 13 company caters to both do-it-yourselfers and professional customers who serve the home improvement, construction and building maintenance market segments. The Home Depot currently operates in 50 U.S. states and in the District of Columbia, eight Canadian provinces, Mexico, and Puerto Rico as well as two sourcing offices in China. The Home Depot family of companies includes The Home Depot, EXPO Design Center, HD Supply, Apex, Your Other Warehouse, Maintenance Warehouse, Builders Solution Group and Landscape Supply.
With a new store opening on average every 43 hours, The Home Depot is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with a company that is experiencing unprecedented growth.
We are currently seeking Instructional Designer to join our ever-growing company.
- Conducts need assessments by developing plans/instruments. * Based on data collected, designs preliminary outline of recommended interventions.
- Performs job, task, and/or content analysis. Identifies the knowledge and skills associated with the specific job and tasks identified in the analysis.
- Prepares and delivers presentations based on findings of the needs analysis and job, task and/or content analysis and recommends instructional approach.
- Designs and develops new programs based on organization and specific department needs, determined through specific needs assessments.
- Plans and monitors training projects by developing schedule and recommending the needed resources to accomplish the projects.
- Redesigns existing training programs when appropriate based on participant feedback, the needs of the organization and any changes in policy or procedures.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training by developing appropriate evaluation methods including follow up to determine retention level of skills learned.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Instructional Design experience
- Experience with Web Based learning platforms will be considered to be an asset
- University Degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Enthusiastic team player
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Efficient, highly organized and able to produce high quality work under pressure and in a timely fashion
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and a sense of responsibility and confidentiality
The Home Depot offers its associates competitive compensation and excellent benefits including paid sick, holiday and personal time, DPSP and Stock Plans. We are an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free workplace.
Your future. Your community. Your career. What will you build?