Product Development – Canada
Posting #: 06WPE-UW017
Position Title: Usability Engineer
Project / Department: Unified Workflow
email: [email protected]
Kodak is looking for an experienced usability engineer who is passionate about user-centered design and will form the core of a strong Vancouver-based usability team.
Usability engineering is the process of ensuring our products are effective, efficient, and satisfying for our customers. Usable products make for happy customers and provide a competitive differentiator. Successful candidates must have strong facilitation and communication skills. They must have a genuine concern for the user and knowledge of usability and human interface issues and techniques.
- Understand our customers and their requirements through user research activities.
- Define and execute usability tests for various products or prototypes.
- Analyze interfaces using heuristic evaluation.
- Work with development teams to design interfaces and their prototypes.
- Where needed, help with prototype development.
- Define and execute product follow-up sessions to verify successful product designs.
- Perform competitive analysis.
This position will be responsible for ensuring:
- We develop and ship usability tested solutions that meet the needs of and satisfy our customers.
- Usability is a key factor in our development cycle.
- Our products work better with each other.
- Our products require less service and support.
- A Bachelor degree in human-computer interaction, industrial engineering, cognitive psychology or similar. Advanced degree preferred.
At least 5 years experience in some or all of the following areas:
- User-centered design methodology, processes, and tools.
- Usability testing.
- Field research.
- Web and desktop applications.
- Product development with a technical background or strong technical knowledge.
- Experience in the digital prepress or commercial printing domains is nice to have.
Personal Attributes Required
- Passion for creating outstanding user experiences.
- Self motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fluid development environment.
- Excellent team player.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills.
- Ability to view systems and products from various points of view.
- Ability to work and develop good rapport with customers and users.
- Sense of humor.