Product Specialist / Product Manager – iDEN and Enhanced Services â€“ MAR00306LP5. Apply online
At TELUS Mobility, we’ve built a future friendly national team, one that embraces change and initiates opportunity, has a passion for growth, believes in spirited teamwork and has the courage to innovate. Our success is based as much on the dedication and hard work of our team as it is on the innovative wireless solutions we offer.
Our commitment to providing our clients with unsurpassed coverage, cool phones, great rates and outstanding client care, is what we’re all about. Join our team of wireless professionals working in one of Canada’s fastest-growing industries and make your future friendly too.
We are currently in search of a high-energy, results-oriented person for a role in our Product Development team, either as a Product Specialist or Product Manager (to be determined based on experience).
As part of the team, your primary role will be to lead and/or support the development and management of Enhanced Services. A solid understanding of wireless technologies and proven skills in product life cycle management, project management, and business analysis are the foundations to success in this challenging and exciting opportunity. The objectives of the team are to drive incremental ARPU, and increase client loading and feature penetration by creating competitive advantages through product differentiation.
- Manage and facilitate the development of Enhanced Services features and services, including Push-To-Talk, Emergency Services, and iDEN feature development
- Lead cross-functional teams from concept to implementation
- Manage vendors and partners to define successful products and business models for new ideas and opportunities
- Generate complex business cases and define detailed business requirements for new product initiatives
- Continually look for opportunities to streamline and improve the user experience of features and services to increase adoption
- Benchmark against industry best practices in US, Europe and Asia to take the Canadian industry to the next level
- Track current offerings against key business indicators, such as revenue contribution, effect on churn, effect on usage, and effect on loading
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a business analyst or product developer, preferably within a wireless telecommunications environment
- Business degree required; Degree in Engineering or MBA is preferred
- History of success in developing new products (or product enhancements) from concept to implementation
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound project management experience with projects that encompass cross-functional teams
- Strong financial analysis and business planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must, technical writing skills a definite asset