Do you desire to be part of a world-class software development team focused on brining ease-of-setup for AV control to an emerging market? If so, read further for more information on becoming a UI developer with the Logitech Harmony Remote team.
The Logitech Harmony Remote team is dedicated to bringing ease of home theatre control to a growing world-wide user base. This team is responsible for delivering the incredibly popular Harmony line of home theatre control products, consistently rated best of class by both reviewers and end users.
These products rely on a streamlined web-based setup experience that guides the user through the otherwise trying process of programming an advanced universal remote to perfectly control a complex home theatre.
You will be responsible for taking a set of high-level requirements and UI design concepts and turning them into a streamlined workflow for setting up a broad range of Harmony Remote products. Key skills and qualities include:
- Ability to think creatively to determine the right balance of functionality and simplicity for user workflows
- Able to work with a cross functional team including marketing, customer support, usability, and engineering to meet a set of UI requirements.
- Ability to leverage leading edge technologies to implement a highly responsive web-based GUI
- Highly motivated and informed with regards to trends both in user-centred design methods, software development methodology, as well as UI technology.
- Knowledge and application of software development best practices.
Technologies and Experience
The successful candidate will have relevant experience related to:
- Implementing an HTML-based UI using XML/XSLT
- Utilizing efficient implementation strategies to optimize server load
- Implementing user workflows within an MVC architecture
- Implementing efficient server-side code utilizing data access technologies such as Hibernate, JDBC, or ADO.
- Implementing efficient SQL queries