Nuclear Safety Solutions is a rapidly growing safety and engineering company that provides specialized services to the power generation, chemical, and process industries. Our strength lies in using our technical expertise to add value to our clients by providing cost effective solutions. We are a member of the AMEC-NNC family of companies and have clients both inside and outside of Canada. Our areas of expertise include engineering analysis, safety analysis and assessment, multi-disciplinary engineering support, operational safety support, risk management, front-end safety design and project management.
NSS is continuing to expand its capabilities within the Risk Management Directorate, and is seeking specifically to expand the Human Factors Engineering Section.
NSS needs Human Factors specialists who have either a graduate or undergraduate degree in Human Factors or Applied Psychology, and have knowledge and experience in the use of Human Factors methods and techniques, and the application of Human Factors standards and guidelines.
The candidate will have some work experience in the application of Human Factors within the nuclear industry or other high hazard industry areas, and will have knowledge and experience in the area of human-machine interface design.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in at least some of the following areas and techniques:
- Development or review of Human Factors Engineering Program Plans (HFEPPs)
- Development or review of verification and validation plans
- Task analysis
- Function analysis
- Training needs analysis/ the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT)
- Usability testing
- Root cause analysis
- Human Reliability Analysis
- Safety management
In addition to experience related to the above areas, successful candidates will have:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self motivation and a desire to achieve results
- Well developed initiative and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Computer skills with a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Successful candidates will have a desire to progress and achieve the following:
- A good understanding of CANDU nuclear power plant design, operation and regulatory requirements, or equivalent for fossil and chemical plants
- Good project management skills and people management skills
- Marketing skills, including the capability to write and present technical papers at conferences
NSS offers a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. Candidates with exceptional experience will be considered at a higher level.
We are located in downtown Toronto, Ontario.