Critical Mass is currently seeking outstanding individuals eager to join our team of talented web professionals. We are excited to announce the following position. If this new opportunity interests you, please visit www.criticalmass.com to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Critical Mass; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Designer is an original thinker who conceives creative concepts and translates them into a visual format. Working in the Creative Services Department, the Designer is a team player who is skilled in matching strategic direction with appropriate design results for the Internet and Web-based marketing initiatives. Attention to detail, combined with a strong working knowledge of design-related applications is essential.
- Designing solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Creating interactive design concepts
- Designing: mood boards; storyboards; interactive page layouts; site grids and interface demos; photo retouching and enhancements; animated GIFs
- Providing quality assurance on creative deliverables
- Building and maintaining a team rapport with creative team personnel, account managers, & project managers
- Strong design portfolio with 2+ years education, 1+ years design and interactive work experience
- Developed and diverse communication skills
- Ability to articulate creative ideas
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- A solid working knowledge of the latest versions of Mac OS, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Understanding of the strengths and limitations of Flash, After Effects, QuickTime, Director, and ImageReady.
- An understanding of information architecture and hierarchy
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the Web
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Passion for and commitment to the profession of visual communication
- Solid footing on the line between creative expression and commercial reality
- Self motivated, organized and accountable
- Illustration in both electronic and traditional media is an asset.
- Motion graphics experience for the Web and video is an asset.
About Critical Mass Inc.
Critical Mass is a marketing company specializing in sophisticated Web site design and digital marketing programs. With a strong and proven background in the areas of customer experience management and customer relationship development, we help high profile organizations like Mercedes-Benz USA, Dell, Hyatt, Citi, Pampers, USAA, Albertsons and others forge deep relationships with their customers. Profitable and stable, our work has been recognized with numerous prestigious awards including:
- The Forrester Wave: Web Design Agencies, Q3 2005 – Critical Mass ranked first among 12 agencies for current offering
- Forrester Research Web Design Agency Shootout, 2004 – Critical Mass ranked highest out of 17 interactive firms in multiple categories
- eHealthcare Leadership Awards, 2005 – 6 awards for Kaiser Permanente
- IAB MIXX Awards, 2005 – Gold, Interactive Television Category, Mercedes-Benz USA iTV campaign
- Webby Awards, 2005 : Best Automotive site – Mercedes-Benz USA SLK microsite
- Internet Retailer, 2005 – Best of the Web, Dell.com
- MSN Creative Awards, 2005 – Silver, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) â€œWhat the Maid Foundâ€ (video category)
- WebAward Competition, 2005- Best Home Building Web site, Andersen Windows
402-11th Avenue SE
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
T 403 262 3006
F 403 262 7185
11 King Street West, 12th Floor
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
T 416 673 5275
F 416 673 5277