The Interface Developer is responsible for ensuring best practice methodologies are understood and used by the front-end production department. The Lead is responsible for front-end code supervision and production process improvement. The Lead is also responsible for reviewing mockups, SA/IA proposals and front-end code
This role combines 30% non-chargeable responsibilities, code libraries maintenance, research, white papers and 70% chargeable supervision responsibilities on client projects. Success in this position is measured by the ability to streamline front-end production, improve quality of work as well as knowledge sharing.
- Supervise front-end code by enforcing use of coding standards
- Review SA, IA and designer proposals on projects to determine feasibility during the production phase. Advise on alternative approaches when proposals exceed technical constraints.
- Communicate technical abilities to take full advantage of our technical and creative possibilities and remain cutting-edge.
- Review mockups with designers on projects where close designer-coder interaction isn’t possible.
- Review of production code prior to QA and backend integration on projects where there is no production lead.
- Review of production issues with production leads during a project and modification of processes to avoid future issues.
- Research new browsers and technologies with regards to abilities and limitations and propose changes to production processes
- Mentor and coach fellow team members
- Actively contribute to Blast Radius internal programs
- Act as company advocate and embody the Blast Radius values: people, passion, creativity, fun and excellence
- Diffuse problems and put forward solutions that are in the best interest of the company and employees
- Participate in ongoing special projects in support of Blast Radius? environment and strategic plans
- Other special projects as required
- Such duties as may be agreed upon between the Company and the Employee Working closely with the creative and production team you will hand code front-end interfaces when developing components of client sites.
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years of web agency experience creating web interfaces
- Possess strong technical and knowledge leadership, especially in the areas of web standards and rich internet applications
- Has experience with client-facing and coordinating project teams
- Related degree or diploma preferred and/or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment required.
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives tasks through to completion
- Thinks ahead and acts accordingly
- Can withstand pressure
- Detail oriented while paying attention to the big picture
- Is accountable for their actions
- Demonstrates caring for others and honesty
- Positive and constructive
- Able to focus while under pressure
- Sense of humour