MacLaren McCann Canada Inc. is a full service, integrated communications company. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of McCann-Erickson WorldGroup, a member of the Interpublic Group of Companies Inc. With a staff of over 600, the agency is now the 3rd largest office McCann has in North America, and 9th in the world. MacLaren has continuously been ranked in the top three agencies in Canada since it began in 1935. Some of our clients include General Motors, Durex Canada, Hanes Canada, Johnson & Johnson, McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Nestle, Intel, Wendy’s Restaurants of Canada Inc., Microsoft and Coca-cola.
The Information Architect (IA) is a key member of a multidisciplinary team that develops and improves out client's Web sites. With the right mix of analytical and conceptual skills, the IA helps to plan complex web-based communications by organizing information into a satisfying user experience. The IA develops labelling systems, site architectures and user flows, and basic wireframe layouts in an iterative process, consulting with the entire development team. Maintaining high standards for design, the IA works closely with strategists, art directors, and developers to ensure that the proposed design meets our client's objectives.
- Review and assess best practices, competitive websites, and third-party research.
- Assist in the development and implementation any user research or user testing.
- Understand client needs, business and user requirements to develop concepts.
- Develop usage scenarios and task analysis documentation.
- Develop and document labelling and navigation systems, site architecture and users flows.
- Develop schematic wireframes and document interface behaviours with creative team.
- Implement sound usability concepts throughout the design development lifecycle.
- Update IA documentation throughout project development.
- Participate in internal and client design reviews during project development.
- Provide support and act as a resource in implementation stages.
- Collaborate with team members to maximize effectiveness and innovation.
- Ongoing improvement of IA and project delivery processes
- University degree in a computer, information, cognition, or design related field
- 3+ years experience in information/interface design, web development and/or interactive media design
- Strong research, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills that apply to Web site design
- Proven experience with user-centered design methodologies, Web development concepts and terminology, content management and personalization systems.
- Excellent oral, written, and graphic communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and other team members
- Understanding of the World Wide Web and its underlying technologies
- Proficiency with design tools including Visio, Photoshop, and Word
- Thorough, insightful, and highly-organized
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a team environment on multiple projects
Please apply to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants but we will only contact those selected for interviews.