About Intuit Canada
Intuit Canada is a leading developer of finance solutions, including personal finance management, small business accounting, and tax preparation software as well as Web-based services. Intuit’s products and services include QuickenTM, QuickBooksTM, QuickTaxTM, QuickTaxWeb.ca and ProFile. Intuit Canada enables individuals, small businesses and financial professionals to better manage their financial lives and businesses. Intuit Canada has been recognized as both one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (Richard Yerema, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, 2003) and one of the Best Companies to Work For in Canada (Report on Business Top 50 Employers 2003).
Job Description: Tax Product Development Manager
Responsible for leading the Tax product development release process by meeting competing goals for product release timeliness, quality, budget and operational effectiveness representing all functions and all initiative teams.
- Ensures the quality of the deliverables, including software coding, product and process documentation.
- Understand the Tax business, know the competition, and apply critical thinking to the role
- Identify process inefficiencies, develop solutions, and drive for change.
- As a hands-on manager, lead the design and development of the system platform and infrastructure to support the business applications based on architectural designs and specifications.
- Work closely with the CTO to estimate development effort, schedule and develop deliverables according to agreed scope and milestones in order to meet overall project timelines.
- Improves the customer experience by understanding and focusing on what’s important, measuring how we are doing and driving the necessary actions to improve.
- Ensure that the team’s plans and actions are in alignment with the BU/Product Group’s strategy, goals and priorities.
- Provides guidance and review to the team and drives relevant technical and business decisions.
- Prioritizes tasks and allocates resources to ensure delivery according to plans.
- Clearly documents and communicates objectives, requirements, and designs at these different levels of abstraction to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- BS in Computer Science or Equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience leading software development teams. Specific experience in C++, XML, Windows, Object Oriented technology desired.
- Deep understanding of the software engineering lifecycle, development processes and tools.
- Exercises excellent judgment that balances trade off decisions across the short-term and long-term.
- Collaborates effectively with and influence peers, Architects and managers to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas and resolve technological disagreement with informed, rational debate.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortably moves between highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation.
- Operates in an open and collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow a strong development team.
- Self motivated, passionate leader with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent coaching and people development skills.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Result and process oriented.